JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: NDK's entry to Dr. Relativity’s Quest for Reality contest  (Read 2428 times)

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
NDK's entry to Dr. Relativity’s Quest for Reality contest
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:59:17 PM »

Hi guys, just wanted to share my contest entry for HISS tanks Dr. Relativity’s Quest for Reality contest, hosted by Gyre-Viper.
The contest
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-c ... ality.html

My entry post
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-c ... ost2242560

or if you dont want to click the link Ill post my entry here below.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: NDK's entry to Dr. Relativity’s Quest for Reality contest
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 11:00:07 PM »

Back during the Middle Ages, Cobra was already a force.  They were ahead of their time and were able to influence peoples far and wide, and agents of great skill and wealth were employed.  Sometime during the middle ages word came of a strange Doctor who was gather heroes of the era to battle Cobra.  To combat this, Cobra put together its best Warriors from around the world (Yes Cobra had the power to do so) in a Kill team.  These are 3 of the members.

Lord Black Adder (and yes this is named after who you think it is ;) )
Hailing from western Europe, this Lord was very influential and powerful, he had his own Keep and township as well as a personal Army of what he called "The Crimson Templar".  He is a high ranking agent of Cobra and an extremely skilled swordsman.  His armor, helmet and shield style was strangely familiar to Dr. Relativity...though in a much cruder style and condition. 

The Desert Spider
Hailing from what is now known as the Middle East.  The Desert Spider is a wealthy merchant, who also serves as a link to the far east and west.  But do not let his guise as a merchant fool you, he is a dangerous assassin.  He is skilled in stealth, and close quarters combat.  He holds great influence to the Persian lords. 

Du-She Jiang-Jun (The Viper General in Chinese)
The leader of the Cobra Kill Team.  Hailing from the great kingdom of China, this powerful and skilled general is said to have the valor of the great warriors Xiang Yu and Lu Bu, and the cunning, intellect of strategic mind of Sun Tzu and Cao Cao.  He is the match of 10,000 warriors.  He has fought in many a battle and is a fitting leader and high ranking Cobra Agent.  It is he who will lead his worldwide team to defeat this "Dr. Relativity" and secure Cobra's destiny!

Notes:
The team is self is only suppose to be some of the more prominent members, there are many more agents.
I went for a crude worn "iron" look and red color scheme.  Im extremely happy at how the metal look turned out, which is silver paint with a black wash, it really has an old time feel (not sure if it can be see in the pics).  I also wanted to touch multiple cultures as we don't see it nearly enough.

Parts:

The Desert Spider:
I gave his skin a dark wash to make it look like he was in the desert and caked with dirt, I wanted him to have a Middle Eastern feel.
POC SS head and scarf
Skiff Zartan Torso and Arms
Neo Viper legs
ROC Zartan Sword
Scarlett Crossbow

Lord Black Adder:
A knight who I wanted to be sort of a link to something the modern cobra has, I added some crude metal plating on the armor to give it a more old time and crude look so not to look totally like CCs armor.  Alley Viper influence (or vice-versa?) for the helm and shield.
Broken Arrow Helm and head and Shield
Hands are serpentors
Armor CC with sculpting for the rest of the body.
Serpentor Sword

Du-She Jiang-jun
Romance of 3 kingdoms influenced.  It is mainly made up of the crappy whirl wind SS from POC.  It honestly isnt a terrible sculpt except for the head and he made a perfect base for a Chinese General, he even came with a Guan-Dao (Chinese Cresent moon halberd).  The metal like paint worked out best on him, at least in person it looks amazing.
Resolute Soldier Helm and head with Spike and Tassel sculpted on.
Body arms and legs from POC SS
Modified skirt (cutting out the back part so it looks like Chinese leg guards) from Serpentor
Cape from Comic Pack SS.

There was originally going to be a 4th custom using Serpentor but it looked too similar to Sectors so I opted not to finish him.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:14:28 AM »

Great work!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 07:50:08 AM »

Very nice job on all of them Neo.. that Viper General is my favorite of the bunch!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 11:21:28 AM »

DAMN, that is great!
Lurking

Editor

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.animeevolution.com
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »

Very sweet, Loving the Black Adder reference.
Convention Chairman: Anime Evolution 2010
August 13–15 2010, UBC-Vancouver, British Columbia