JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 484942 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #372 on: April 01, 2024, 05:29:16 AM »

The Retro reveals from WonderCon were a bit underwhelming due to the fact we already had render reveals, but I was happy to see them and can't wait for them to release. 

However the "bell of the ball" was definitely the Ferret w/Scout Driver.   That thing is a beast!!!!  I cannot wait to see pics of the actual product in someone's hand.  The promo shots are great, but I want to see how it looks without the pretty setup.  I am worried though because the pictures don't show the front wheels being turned.  Is this another case of the VAMP where they short change us on turning wheels?

Also the name only reveal of "Once a Man" Cobra Commander was great.  Finally someone not Super7 is tackling that variant of Cobra Cmmander.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 02, 2024, 05:52:25 AM »

Rumour is that the Ferret w/Scout is going to be $55US (Pulse Exclusive) when it goes up for preorder later this week.  Everyone was speculating that it would be more expensive than the Trouble Bubble, maybe even up to the HMS ($75US), but hopefully this rumour is true and the Ferret should sell like hotcakes.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 02, 2024, 08:33:59 AM »

I will hopefully be able to get 2 of them, this was an absolute fav vehicle in the ARAH days.  I am looking forward to the other three figures as they were near impossible to get at a normal price - I had to pay secondary pricing on the EEL.  And only got the other two by luck.  Amazon canceled my pre-order for the snow serpent the day it was suppose to ship, screwing me out of being able to order it anywhere else.  Also was the last time I pre-ordered anything from Amazon.

Made me feel like I was in a Seinfeld episode.

Jerry : I don't understand. Do you have my reservation?

Rental Car Agent : We have your reservation, we just ran out of cars.

Jerry : But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation.

Rental Car Agent : I think I know why we have reservations.

Jerry : I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: April 02, 2024, 03:05:18 PM »

Yeah I am probably going to get two Ferrets.

I lucked out with Beachhead at a TRU one day.  I just happened to go in and there were two copies of him.

Same with the first Snow Serpent.  Went into a new location that opened up late last year and they had a couple on the shelves.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 08, 2024, 11:14:30 AM »

That Retro Beachhead looks awesome. He's always been my favourite joe design.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 08, 2024, 01:32:36 PM »

I just saw a side by side of the Classified and Retro Cobra EEL - I have to say, the Retro darker colour really makes the figure POP.  I really wish they would have gone with a ARAH style backpack and gun.  Sadly I think the Snow serpent is two bright.
And this is the version of Beachhead I have been hoping for.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 08, 2024, 10:20:48 PM »

I don't see the stand for Beach Head.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 09, 2024, 04:26:42 AM »

I missed out on the boxed Eel so I was glad to get a chance at this one.  Also it looks like, from early views, that these will be plentiful because so far only a few places have sold out.

Also I decided on just one Ferret for now.  I know it sold out, but I'm sure it will be back much like the Trouble Bubble.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 10, 2024, 01:32:03 PM »

Wreckage and the Tiger Paw look OK, I am in for 1 of these repaints.
I hope they fix the sloppiness of the Firefly mold.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 11, 2024, 09:43:52 AM »

The classified line still remains way too expensive to keep up.  If you are a completist, good luck.   

Not amused that TRUs prices went back up.  It was the only place around me that had a Techno Viper and Shockwave on the shelves.   Bought both but wasn't happy with the prices. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 11, 2024, 11:51:29 AM »

The classified line still remains way too expensive to keep up.  If you are a completist, good luck.   

Not amused that TRUs prices went back up.  It was the only place around me that had a Techno Viper and Shockwave on the shelves.   Bought both but wasn't happy with the prices.

Yeah I had to bite the bullet yesterday to get the Python Patrol Trouble Bubble because I was waiting for a sale on Pulse.  However it is no longer listed on Pulse and got clearanced in the US at Target.  So I had to either wait and hope for a good deal on the secondary market, or just bite the bullet at TRU.  Thankfully I had a $20 off $100 coupon so I picked up something else and saved a little bit.

Amazon still has the Techno Viper for regular retail.

Also Gamestop has the Tiger Paw w/Wreckage up for preorder right now.   I thought Python Patrol and Tiger Force were TRU exclusives up here, but it looks like other places are getting the chance now as well.  Which works out for me because it is a bit cheaper thanks to the Edge card discount and actually being able to preorder to guarantee a copy (hopefully) compared to hoping to find one in a TRU.