JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Table at the MEET for those that want to make their own... Snowbank???  (Read 2859 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

Hey I actually thought of something clever...

I know that we have a speedpainting contest table... in the same spirit but not competitive:

Could we have a special table set-up for people who actually could not get their hands on Snowbank and would like to leave the Meet with an alternative nice souvenir? I mean, the people that really wanted to get their hands on Snowbank, can actually make their own or revisit his actual look ( kind of quickly, and then perfect it during freetime ), and we can probably create a filecard especially designed for the activity ( in black and white probably ) that has the same bio info written by Larry Hama and an empty space where the customizer can actually fill in his or her name, it would read like this:

''I made mine at JoeMeet 2008 : Raoul Sanchez" That is not my real name btw, jarjar.

Wouldnt it be neat to have it later on sign by Larry Hama? I mean our signature next to his, wow! I mean this would make the ultimate souvenir of the Meet, and a great moment to remember... and better yet: that you can't resell ( unless maybe I'm missing a loophole in this whole idea ). Anyhow, I think it's not a bad idea but maybe I'm not totally aware how it could impact the Meet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

While it's a nice idea LJ, I don't think that we'll have the free table space for it this time around.  The Speed painting is already kind of shoehorned into a tight window in a room that's being used for other stuff.

The schedule is so tightly packed with joe goodness that Mike would have to cancel something in order to add something else. (One of the reasons there won't be any CCG this year...)

- R
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

Thanks for the Feedback man, it's still good to know you found it to be a good idea. Ideas are there to inspire others too if one day, especially those who could make it work. Sorry if this brainstorming came out at the last minute, I know it's a bit too late. Still, does anyone think an activity like this could happen in an near future Meet?
2 + 2 = 22

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com

Raps hit this on the nose. We're booked solid. I tried to book another meeting room/hall for us to use - and it's taken.

Next year I'm just going to book all the hotel halls and meeting rooms.

Outback 100% Argento

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Hey I actually thought of something clever...

I know that we have a speedpainting contest table... in the same spirit but not competitive:

Could we have a special table set-up for people who actually could not get their hands on Snowbank and would like to leave the Meet with an alternative nice souvenir? I mean, the people that really wanted to get their hands on Snowbank, can actually make their own or revisit his actual look ( kind of quickly, and then perfect it during freetime ), and we can probably create a filecard especially designed for the activity ( in black and white probably ) that has the same bio info written by Larry Hama and an empty space where the customizer can actually fill in his or her name, it would read like this:

''I made mine at JoeMeet 2008 : Raoul Sanchez" That is not my real name btw, jarjar.

Wouldnt it be neat to have it later on sign by Larry Hama? I mean our signature next to his, wow! I mean this would make the ultimate souvenir of the Meet, and a great moment to remember... and better yet: that you can't resell ( unless maybe I'm missing a loophole in this whole idea ). Anyhow, I think it's not a bad idea but maybe I'm not totally aware how it could impact the Meet.

Well i like this idea, unfortunally i can make it to the con so maybe someone can post a nice "how to" and parts list to make a good Snowbank since we can have a HAMA Bio..
That could be really fun for any customizer...

At least we have a nice summer...\" an Argentinian.