Site Stuff > Newsletter Section

February 2010 Newsletter now online!

(1/3) > >>

BHMike:
Our 26th issue is now available and includes a chat with IDW’s GI Joe : Cobra comic writers, Christos N. Gage & Mike Costa. Also included in this months 20 PAGES are some reviews, History of the Black Major, a new monthly Comic feature, and the return of Evil Empire! Check it out here, and don't forget to let us know what you think on the message boards at this link here.

olyeller01:
All I have to say is WOW.  That's the best JoeCanuck newsletter yet!!!!!!!!!!  I particularly liked the articles on the Black Major and the customization piece about office chairs.  And ya know, Cap is right...and I'd never really thought about it before!  That pic of CC yelling about the available chairs made me laugh out loud too!

pdaat:
I agree completely with olyeller01.  This issues was great - interview with GIJoe:Cobra creators, at small column by Christopher from GIJoe Review (the only GIJoe podcast I could find), and a fine Snowbank picture at the start of the issue.

Paul

Jay:
Unsurprisingly, Mike Costa continues to be full of crap as he showed in his Transformers interview. He keeps talking about how he's a longtime fan of GIJoe but his knowledge never goes beyond the toys and Sunbow cartoon, so he ends up saying things like "Chuckles never did anything. Except in the Marvel and Devil's Due comics but no one ever read that crap." and "No one knows Jinx, she never did anything, she was just a ninja. Nobody's going to mind I take everything about her away, make her generic as hell and kill her off."
And now he's apparently setting out to ruin Storm Shadow too. Yee.
Between GIJoe and Transformers, I really hate Mike Costa.

Beyond that, spiffy features as always. I loved the introductory blurb about how Marvel's GIJoe came to be. Good figure reviews from both Jerard Parker and Justin Bell (and I'm still amazed at how good you guys managed to make Backstop look using only Serpentor, Steeler and Marauder Inc accessories).
Cap's search for the ideal chair was a very interesting read. Someday we'll have the perfect Joe chair. Someday.
And the "in-universe" write-up of the Black Major's history was pretty darn good, although I don't agree with the theory that the Major became Wilder Vaughn.

Oh, and someone should tell Davis that the reason the 12" ROC Cobra Commander has that awful face and those molded pants is because Hasbro cheapened out and recycled most of the No-Face figure from the European Action Man line to make him.

morgardee:

--- Quote from: "Jay" ---

Oh, and someone should tell Davis that the reason the 12" ROC Cobra Commander has that awful face and those molded pants is because Hasbro cheapened out and recycled most of the No-Face figure from the European Action Man line to make him.

--- End quote ---

Who is this Davis you speak of?

Honestly, didn't know. Now I do.

Why don't you step up to the plate Jay and take a shot at submitting something? Anyone can submit. Go for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version