JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Combiner Wars  (Read 21527 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Combiner Wars
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »

I like the Power Glide as a Rattler Jet. Is there a story behind that one?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 01:37:02 AM »

Wave 2 is out here one the West Coast and I'm quite happy with Menasor. He's a bit short in the torso, Blackjack sticks his chest out kinda far, and Motormaster's tractor mode is too modern for my taste but I'm pleased with the new additions. The stunticons are really rather different transformation-wise which I like and all the robot modes are really great. I really like Huffer as well, better than Windcharger in any case and came with a gun this time. All they need to do now I announce a 2-pack with the replacement figs for Alpha Bravo and the truck guy and I'm set until Devastator and Defensor.

BludChylde

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 01:14:54 PM »

Slingshot and Wildrider? They are being released later this month as Quickslinger and Brake-Neck as online available only. Not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere May 22.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 04:44:47 PM »

I've read that we might see Ratchet, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Prowl (re-tools of First Aid, Breakdown and Streetwise?) to combine with Optimus Prime. That would be weird, but also kind of awesome.

Zenith27

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 06:51:04 PM »

So, picked up the replacement Arialbot and Stunticon from TrU in the US. Pretty nice even if they're identical molds to existing figs.

Also managed to pick up Defensor, my favorite so far. Not a fan of the Rook figure. Seems kinda blocky and doesn't have fist holes for his gun but I like the vehicle mode. Defensor is sturdier than the previous combiners, he stays together better overall. Very happy with him, I love how the ladder and head work as Defensor.

Lucky for me I got Backjack previously, haven't seen another one since.

Devastator is next!

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 06:35:43 AM »

So, picked up the replacement Arialbot and Stunticon from TrU in the US. Pretty nice even if they're identical molds to existing figs.

Also managed to pick up Defensor, my favorite so far. Not a fan of the Rook figure. Seems kinda blocky and doesn't have fist holes for his gun but I like the vehicle mode. Defensor is sturdier than the previous combiners, he stays together better overall. Very happy with him, I love how the ladder and head work as Defensor.

Lucky for me I got Backjack previously, haven't seen another one since.

Devastator is next!

Congrats!

I still need Rook and Hotspot to finish Defensor.  Like you I was lucky to find Blackjack (x2) in the wild and get them.  Quickslinger and Break-Neck are better choices to finish Superion and Menasor.  I mean, the original team is the must have right?  I do love Off-Road though.  I love the mold, colours, and a new character is always appreciated.  Same goes for Alpha Bravo.

I will pick up Devastator, but only on sale, or at Costco which is all but confirmed to be getting the set for $139.99.  I know people are bitching and moaning about the quality of the design for the individual bots, but the overall Devastator is still a great sight to behold.

I never thought I would be such a completest again, ever.  However this line is slowly but surely dragging me down that road again.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 10:03:26 AM »

I too have started to buy them.  Looking for Huffer right now.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Zenith27

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 03:29:41 AM »

I preordered Devastator from TrU Canada. Still not shipping yet. He's listed as $189.99 CAD with free shipping which I thought was OK since he seems to be $139.99USD at BBTS. I'd buy a second one close to Xmas at $140 if it ends up that cheap.

My local TrU (Surrey BC) got all the Defensor limbs in last week but still no more Blackjacks.

I had to buy a second Streetwise. Mine had one really white leg for some reason and no trading card.

Anyone else got a Dragstrip with a purple fist/foot that doesn't match the other ones?

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 02:56:50 PM »

Defensor = damn.  If I found all five, I will end up buying them.  I just hope this doesn't start another completist trend with these combiners.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Zenith27

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 12:54:27 AM »

Got him last week. Expensive but awesome. Almost busted Long Haul yanking him off Hook. Had to widen the chest slot in Hook after that.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 05:22:42 PM »

Man, the small combiners have dried up at retail.   
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »

I just managed to find Hot Spot / Groove. Now I can't find the other four. Also still need a Blackjack.

Transformers distribution is weird, eh?