JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Modern Warfare 3  (Read 2086 times)

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Modern Warfare 3
« on: May 30, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m04

anyone else interested?

looks awesome.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Warfare 3
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 07:24:22 AM »

:o I am now!.. only played the og. Modern Warfare so far but man this one looks awesome! Underwater action too..cool!  8)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 08:36:08 AM »

I've been a Modern Warfare junkie for years now, always getting pre-orders so it's likely I'm getting this. There is a reason the Modern Warfare series is the best selling video game to date. Scratch that, the highest paying form of media to date, beating out movies, books, etc...

Now here's the catch, the original team of guys at Infinity Ward all basically left after getting exploited by Activision. So the guys at Infinity Ward right now are a few left overs from the original team and guys Activision pulled in from other projects. Apparently MW3 is just built on top of the MW2 engine, so don't expect any significant improvements.  

MW is still the king when it comes to on line first person shooters, but a lot of that has to do with loyal customers. There are other first person shooters out there that have better engines like Battlefield Bad Company but they just haven't caught on yet. That and the PS3 / Xbox 360 technology is getting close to the limit of what the hardware can handle as the games get more in depth. Battlefield has destructible environments. Think about that. Lets say you know everyone camps in the corner of a building every map and it drives you nuts because you hate campers (I know I do). So instead of trying to run out in the open and throw a grenade in that window to take him now, now you just drive a jeep at the wall that is strapped with C4, jump out at the last second and blow up the whole corner of the building. Good bye campers!

Still, I'll get me a copy. If anyone is on the PS3 and is an active player and wants to join my clan, PM me.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:04:36 AM »

MW3's being done by the remanants of IW and Sledgehammer Games doing SP and Raven doing MP. Raven's previously done Jedi Knight 2, Jedi Academy, ST Voyager: Elite Force and the Soldier of Fortune games.

i play an hour of MW2 nearly every day... addicted? li'l bit...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.