JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Tomahawk listed on Toys R Us.com; out in Canadian Target stores as well  (Read 10197 times)

Sam

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile

Toys R Us.com has the Tomahawk listed.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19098556

Hoping we will be getting it soon.  :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:15:49 PM by Pete The Greek »

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Tomahawk listed on Toys R Us.com
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 02:28:04 PM »

Big Bad Toy Store shipped pre-orders last week.

Anyone got one yet? How close is it to the original?

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:32:30 AM »

Well if its anything like the new skystricker, its gonna be made with way cheaper softer plastic then the 80s tomahawk. But there isnt anything we can do about that. Also the landing gear tires will be made from hard plastic instead of rubber tires, like the 80s stuff was. But still for the updated nice shinny looking paint and stickers plus a new version of lift ticket in there. its going to be very worth the 50$ or 60$ retail youll have to pay for one. I dont have one yet, but im eyeballin ebay for one sealed and one loose very soon, beffore they double in price. Yes i know, you could argue that : The new 30th ann. skystricker price didnt sky rocket up there in price so why will the tomahawk ? There are several reasons why i think the tomahawk price will litteraly " take off " LOL

1. I was able to get 3 skystrickers no problem @ zellers. Now my local zellers was closed thanks to wallmart out selling them and Target buying out the chain. And my local wallmart probly wont ever get the new tomahawk in stock..? They have had the same 5 early/ugly/ wave 1 Retaliation figures as peg warmers for the last 2 months. Then never ever even got wave 2 of retaliation :-[.
So i wonder how many other people out there are having this same problem as me..? 1000-2000 maybe..?  Where forced to turn to ebay. This will drive up the price FAST.

2. Depending on production #s, If its less then the skystrickers #s  thats gonna drive it up to.

And 3. I bet theres a LOT of people out there who have said in the last 5 years " God, i wish they would remake the Tomahawk "
I myself never really thought they would remake the skystricker, but when i say it in the toy isle, i scooped up all 3 they had. If they would have had 10. i would have bought 10. LOL Its gonna be the same with the tomahawk, one guys gonna get there first and buy all 15 of em on the shelf go home and list em on ebay for 40$ more each then he payed.

I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

darth cujo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 11:51:52 PM »

Has there been any word confirming whether or not this is coming to Canadian retail? I don't remember hearing anything beyond speculation. Anyone know?

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 12:13:35 AM »

Has there been any word confirming whether or not this is coming to Canadian retail? I don't remember hearing anything beyond speculation. Anyone know?
My source working at TRU tells me there's nothing in the computer for GIJOE.  No open/pending orders AT ALL.
That extends for the next couple of months ahead, and it's anyone's guess if the Christmas inventory will have any Joe product at all.
The best bet for Canada: Target stores.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 11:35:42 AM »

I grabbed one at TFCon. It's pretty spectacular. I never had an original Tomahawk, so I don't know how it compares, but it's pretty massive and seats six Joes. (it'll hold even more if you want to cram 'em in the back). It's definitely unseated the Night Attack Chopper as my favourite Joe aerial vehicle and might be my favourite Joe vehicle overall.

I noticed that the blades tend to sag a bit over time. But it doesn't bother me too much. I think it's a function of the soft plastic used to prevent them from snapping.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 11:51:37 AM »

You could always strengthen the blades with thin lengths of stainless steal. Underneath the blades...

Just thinkin out loud here.. :-X

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 08:39:26 PM »

I got mine the same place as Jon. Paid $60 total.

It's nice but it sort of doesn't feel like a Joe toy. It reminds me of Power Team Elite.

It's nice, but it's not $60 nice. I'm betting these end up at Winners for $25 around Christmas time.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 08:56:08 PM »

So if its not 60$ nice what chance to we have you selling yours for 40$...? To us....??????

darth cujo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 08:34:55 PM »

My source working at TRU tells me there's nothing in the computer for GIJOE.  No open/pending orders AT ALL.
That extends for the next couple of months ahead, and it's anyone's guess if the Christmas inventory will have any Joe product at all.
The best bet for Canada: Target stores.

Thanks for that update. Not good news, but I appreciate it none the less.

I'm debating on ordering one from hasbrotoyshop.com and having it sent to a friend in the US to forward it to me. It's $39.99, free shipping in the US, and then whatever the shipping would be to me. It's like $30 to ship right from Hasbro and they charge tax up front, so no chance of it slipping through customs unscathed.

Anyway, still hopeful it will come to Canada but not holding my breath!!

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 09:51:32 AM »

I got mine the same place as Jon. Paid $60 total.

It's nice but it sort of doesn't feel like a Joe toy. It reminds me of Power Team Elite.

It's nice, but it's not $60 nice. I'm betting these end up at Winners for $25 around Christmas time.

I'm gonna disagree on that one. It's $60 nice. Definitely one of my favourite Joes that I've bought over the last couple years. (along with POC Crazylegs, Zombie-Viper, the Night Force Club stuff and the Slaughter's Marauders 7-pack)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 01:05:05 PM »

So if its not 60$ nice what chance to we have you selling yours for 40$...? To us....??????

I had a chance to hold the vehicle in my hands and admire it. I know what Morg means, but I know for fact that It's still worth 60bucks...to someone else. That or you attend a local convention and hope to find it for 50bucks or less, like what one of the Dealers let it go for at the event I went to.
2 + 2 = 22