JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: More of Morgardee's Customs  (Read 33675 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: More of Morgardee's Customs
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »

I love the Canadian flavour of your customs! :)

Thanks! I remember reading a Batman comic years ago when someone asked Batman why he wore the bat symbol in the middle of his chest. he said it gave the villains a target to shoot at and that was where the bullet proof armour was the strongest.

That would help Maple Pride and Lynx but Red Fox is doomed.  ;)

Then again, he is suppose to be the team sniper so maybe he won't be seen.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »

well, that red and white's not going to help him blend in...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 04:24:27 PM »

well, that red and white's not going to help him blend in...

Yeah, I know. Then again, all that Chrome and baby blue doesn't really help Cobra Commander blend in with anything either.  ;)

formbx257

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 08:33:37 PM »

Awesome strike team, looks like they'd be a perfect Joe Canuck sub-team!
Lynx's maple leaf is kind of hard to see on the chest (I'm guessing the flash is to blame?).  Speaking of which, I would'nt worry about re-using names, Hasbro did it all the time.
Skystriker, Ferret, Viper and Falcon are all figure and vehicle names.
Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on Blip.TV: http://blip.tv/formbx257
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 09:56:54 PM »

Awesome your customs, i want to see more.
Will you display them with your Can con set?
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 08:40:16 AM »

Thanks guys. I'm glad you like it. I also think these guys "fit" with the CJC stuff, but that's probably because I dyed all of last years figures and painted 6 of 8 bodies plus painted the Valkyrie heads.  ;)

I still wish I had a better camera. The detail on Lynx's head just doesn't show at all in the pictures. The Maple Leaf is a bit hard to see on his head as well but that's because the base of he figure is red with a dry brush silver over top, so red on a silvery red body means something is going to get lost in the details. My base coat for the body was white but that just looked wrong. Lynx probably had the most different parts:

SDS Head and body
Tomax biceps and loer legs.
Storm Shadow lower arms
Charbroil upper legs.

Originally he was suppose to have Charbroil arms but when I glued the torso together I got a drop of crazy guy inside the left arm joint and it fused together, making the left arm not move. I didn't want it half done, so I had to replace it and I went the opposite direction. Instead of having well protected arms I opted for the muscle guy look. I threw in the Storm Shadow lower arms to make him look more savage. I think it worked. That and I sliced up my fingers pretty good getting both the  Tomax and Charbroil figures apart. I miss just a simple screw in the back.   :'(

He's the big "secret" from this set. All the maple leafs are temporary body tattoos. I still need to pick up a clear coat to seal them, but as long as you don' touch them a lot they look great.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2012, 09:18:08 AM »

Been a while. I've still been making customs, I just don't bother much with my camera. Anyhow, snapped off a few pics this morning.

This is my most recent figure and is one of my top 3 favorites. Here's a little back ground info on this one and how it came to be. I'm a huge Call Of Duty fan. Since I'm not working on the CJC stuff anymore I've had lots of time to game and I'm on level 30, prestige 2.  ;) I've also had more time to tinker with my own customs. This one I finished while watching a show call "Ink Masters". Not a great show but it was more background noise while working. I did pick up something though. They were talking a lot about shading and hard lines. This figure I wasn't going to bother a lot with the body as usually I like to focus on the head. This time I really focused on trying to make all the small details on the body "pop". I'm very please with the results.

And since I know of only one other huge Call Of Duty fan and I didn't really have a name for this guy when building him, I've dubbed him "Sundance" in honour of my fellow CoD fan on these very boards.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2012, 11:59:12 AM »

cool. thanks!

aside from the green legs, he looks like a Modern Era SAS Force Sparrowhawk.

(are you playing MW3 now? I had to reinstall MW2 and I've lost my Spec Ops stars, my campaign completion and the all my mp progress since about boxing day :( )
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »

cool. thanks!

aside from the green legs, he looks like a Modern Era SAS Force Sparrowhawk.

(are you playing MW3 now? I had to reinstall MW2 and I've lost my Spec Ops stars, my campaign completion and the all my mp progress since about boxing day :( )

Still playing MW3. I keep saying I'm going to pick one of my other games but end up back at MW3. I did play WM2 recently just to unlock trophies. I just need to beat "Pit Boss" in under 30 seconds and I'll get my platinum trophy for MW2. MW3 I have long way to go. Need to make it to at least level 10 in all special Ops missions and beat all of the Special Ops missions on veteran. That requires my buddy Mikey and I being on line at the same time and will not be easy.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2012, 03:19:07 PM »

Looks nice!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 08:27:29 AM »

I wasn't really blown away with this one. It's Snake Plisskin from Escape from New York but the head just doesn't do it for me. The body was easy. That's just a General Hawk figure body from ROC. I didn't need to do anything and it was almost perfect.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »

I think I know what's bugging me about my Snake Plisskin. His face is too clean. I need to do a dry brush pass and give him some stubble.