JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 1962 times)

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Podcasts
« on: August 15, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »

Ive over the past few months have started to download Podcasts regularly to listen to on my commute to work and just for when Im driving.  What Podcasts do you guys listen to?

Currently I subscribe to What's On Joe mind (which I assume most of you people who do listen to podcasts here would), The Drunk Tank (by Roosterteeth), State of the Game (Starcraft 2), Weapon of Choice (Starcraft 2).  Yet these still do not fill up my hours of something to listen to during commutes.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 06:18:22 AM »

Depends what you are into.  For comics, I listen to 11 O'Clock Comics, iFanboy, Around Comics and Word Balloon.  The Forcecast is a well produced SW show.  Don't forget GIJoe review.  Check out Jay and Silnet Bob get old for something racier.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »

I listen to The Nerdist, hosted by Chris Hardwick of Web Soup, which is my favourite general podcast lately and the only podcast I've ever heard being developed into a TV show. Also, Judge John Hodgman is consistently funny and informative, although occasionally leaves me wanting to debate him.

I'm a gamer, so in addition to my 3.5 D&D and Pathfinder podcasts, I listen to The Tome Show a D&D 4E podcast, as well as [Atomic Array, a general RPG podcast and The Dice Tower, a board game podcast. Oh, and Order 66, a Star Wars RPG podcast.

I used to listen to SMODcast but now the only Kevin Smith podcast I listen to is Hollywood Babble-On.

That, a few other podcasts that have mostly podfadded, and both GI Joe podcasts are filling my ears lately.
Updated!