JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Did some Joe shopping today...  (Read 1595 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
Did some Joe shopping today...
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:52:56 PM »

So since today was my day off I decided to do a little Joe shopping.  I hit up just about every store in town as you will soon see.

Three Wal-Marts (one Super, two regular)
Two HEB Pluses
TRU
Target

The Super Wal-Mart and one regular WM had all the same guys you see over and over again...Destro, Zartan, Neo-Viper, Wave 1 Baronness, Duke, etc.  I was especially annoyed with the Super WM as they had one VERY tiny little section for ROC Joes, but the aisle opposite of them...the entire aisle...was Transformers.  C'mon, Hasbro, couldn't you work out a deal to do half-and-half?  The other Wal-Mart didn't have jack diddly, though to be fair it looked like they were in the middle of a minor rearrange/remodel.  But I had high hopes for it because it's a crappy old WM in a crappy part of town...but I found a lot of good 25th stuff there back in the day (Wraith, Mutt & JY, Croc Master, etc).  Oh well.

TRU had the same stuff it had the other day.  Buncha BBQs and Fireflys, with the rest wave one stuff. 

The two HEB Pluses (HEB is a Texas grocery chain.  Their Plus stores are absolutely gargantuan and very nice.  Best way to describe them is a very nice Super WM or Target minus the clothes section) had only first wave stuff, though one did have both the Joe and Cobra 5-packs on clearance for $20.

Which brings me to Target.  Target has a large ROC section in the main toy aisle and TWO endcaps with ROC stuff.  It was all the same stuff too...until I noticed the new exclusive Eel w/Wave Crusher, CLAW w/Air-Viper Commando (purple repainted 25th AVAC) and the Air-Assault Glider w/Grand Slam.

I picked up the Eel & Wave Crusher.  I started to pick up all three but I'm on a limited Joe budget until I get my bonus check, and I'm holding aside funds in case I find an Agent Helix or a Pit Commando.

When I get said bonus check I'll be going back to Target to pick up the new PIT and the other exclusive figures, so if anyone wants them lemme know.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 07:24:43 PM by olyeller01 »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
Re: Did some Joe shopping today...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:07:44 PM »

One thing I noticed about the black CLAW with the repainted AVAC.  The thing came absolutely LOADED with missiles.  Four long missiles, either one or two big bombs, and even four of the small missiles that came with the 25th CLAW.  Which both made me happy and annoyed me.  I was happy because buy one of these ROC CLAWs, repaint the missiles black (they're purple) and your 25th CLAWs can finally be fully armed and outfitted, including the one from your "Best of the 80's" DVD pack that came with jack diddly (assuming you were lucky enough to find one of these sets in the first place). 

I was annoyed because Hasbro included all that crap for $9.99 in the ROC line, but they couldn't include two measly extra missiles with the 25th line?  Yup, those Target exclusives are only $9.99.  AND all of the figures in these Target exclusive lines come with both weapons AND a figure stand.  My Eel has his helmet, backpack, flippers, both knives, and his gun.  But they can't include a friggin' pistol and a stand in the $16 Alpha line OR the $20-25 Bravo line?  Gimme a break.  And it's not like all our initial ROC complaining made 'em listen, because they would have had to finalize production on these sets a long time ago.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Did some Joe shopping today...
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 06:34:18 AM »

nice haul. can you should post some pics? I'm kinda lazy to actually go look for them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »