JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Got the PIT Commando  (Read 2044 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
Got the PIT Commando
« on: August 13, 2009, 08:17:39 PM »

After looking EVERYWHERE and almost giving up I was able to put my TRU gift-card to work when they made the PIT Commando available for order online the other day.  I got him in today.  A few impressions.

This is one of the best Joe figures EVER.  The figure itself is kind of plain-jane, with next to no distinguising features.  What makes it one of the greatest figures ever is the sheer amount of gear he comes with.  The PIT Commando includes:

1.  The Pit Commando figure (of course!)
2.  Blue & gray camo floppy bush hat
3.  Night vision monocle that straps over the hat
4.  Shockwave/blast's gas mask from the comic pack
5.  Dark gray SWAT/riot-police style helmet w/flip-down faceshield
6.  Black helmet modeled exactly after the old Steel Brigade figure's helmet
7.  Dark gray SWAT/riot-police style tactical vest with shoulder pads & crotch protection
8.  Bulky black combat vest with a neat molded in pistol
9.  A VERY large black backpack with canteens molded on one side, could be used as a parachute pack
10. Silenced USP/SOCOM style pistol
11. Uzi
12. Small sci-fi looking submachine gun
13. My personal favorite...an MP5 style assault rifle with doubled up magazines like the Marauder Inc MP5, but with a grab handle up front, a small night sight, and a Surefire flashlight attached to one side of the barrel!
14. Dark gray medium-sized steel shield with the ROC Joe logo on the front of it.

It's worth buying the figure for the gear alone.  It also makes the ROC Zartan worth owning, because you could outfit your PIT Commando figure with the regular vest, backpack, and whatever weapons combo you desire, and put the riot gear on Zartan and have a riot MP!  All the gear and the Steel Brigade-style helmet also makes the PIT Commando perfect for customizers.

All this for (US) $7.99.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Got the PIT Commando
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 09:47:57 AM »

Thanks for the info.  I'm getting a Pit Commando and was wondering what to do with the rest of the gear because I had no intentions of getting the Zartan figure.  Until now.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:21:15 AM »

When this guy begins showing up in Canada I will have many. So cool. My wife's over in Port Huron today, told her to grab me one...god I hope I get one!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 01:45:05 PM »

any pics? I love that the RoC figures have a ton of accessories and cool ones at that.