JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in Batman 3  (Read 1973 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in Batman 3
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »

Here is the link to the story:
http://www.accesshollywood.com/anne-hathaway-tom-hardy-cast-in-the-dark-knight-rises_article_42476?__source=rss%7Cimdb%7Clatest-originals

FIRST PUBLISHED: January 19, 2011 1:24 PM EST
LAST UPDATED: January 19, 2011 2:40 PM EST
LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Meow! Anne Hathaway has been cast in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises,” Warner Bros. announced on Wednesday.

The actress will play Selina Kyle, who is well known in Batman comic book lore as the human alter ego of the villainess who eventually becomes Catwoman.

“I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story,” Nolan said in a statement to Access Hollywood.

Anne joins a long legacy of iconic actresses who have taken on this role. Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry most recently played the Catwoman character on the big screen, and Eartha Kitt and Julie Newmar are just two of the women who have clawed up the small screen as the whip-cracking feline temptress.

However, it is still unknown whether or not Anne’s character will indeed fully become Catwoman in this incarnation of the franchise, as there was no mention of “Catwoman” in the studio’s statement. It seems likely that Nolan will explore Selina’s backstory, as he did with Aaron Eckhart’s “Harvey Dent” in “The Dark Knight” (who was never actually referred to as “Two-Face”).

Warner Bros. also announced that “Inception” star Tom Hardy will re-team with Nolan to play the villain Bane, who is best known in the comic books for cracking Batman’s back and forcing him to end up in a wheelchair.

“I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies,” Nolan said.

“The Dark Knight Rises” – with Christian Bale returning as Bruce Wayne/Batman – is slated for release on July 20, 2012.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in Batman 3
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »

bow chika bow wow  :-*
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 12:01:40 AM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
bow chika bow wow  :-*
Mmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmm.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 02:39:44 AM »

if you read it properly, it says she's playing Selina Kyle. not Catwoman...

so, hopes of Anne in a slinky black PVC number may not pan out...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 08:54:26 PM »

Quote from: "Sundance"
if you read it properly, it says she's playing Selina Kyle. not Catwoman...
so, hopes of Anne in a slinky black PVC number may not pan out...

It will be the same as for Harvey DentTwo Face, they will do the background story of Selina becoming Catwoman.
Lurking