JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New skystriker already in North East Philadelphia  (Read 6161 times)

Rockhammer

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Joe Repro Parts
New skystriker already in North East Philadelphia
« on: August 31, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »

Right now, all the stores I frequent in the northeast philly area have the 30th anniversary Skystriker: Wal-Mart, TRU, and Target. Only Wal-Mart supercenters seem to be carrying G.i.Joe, though (and my local one is sold out of the Skystriker at this time, but they had them last week).
No figures (other than 12")  or mid-size vehicles have been spotted yet, though.
Need custom reproduction or custom replacement G.i.Joe parts? Drop by www.joereproparts.com

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: New skystriker already in North East Philadelphia
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 03:42:26 PM »

Thanks for the update!
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Rockhammer

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Joe Repro Parts
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 11:37:34 PM »

The first wave of 30th anniversary figures and the Vamp mk. II and Black Dragon VTOL showed up this morning in the NE Philadelphia area.
Need custom reproduction or custom replacement G.i.Joe parts? Drop by www.joereproparts.com

Rockhammer

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Joe Repro Parts
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »

I found all the G.i.Joe Renegades from the first wave at my local Wal-Mart yesterday.

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »

I found all the G.i.Joe Renegades from the first wave at my local Wal-Mart yesterday.

I am jealous.  How do they look?

Rockhammer

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Joe Repro Parts
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 11:16:46 PM »

I really like Duke's head sculpt because it looks older than most Dukes released so far (ironically so, since Renegades Duke looks very young in the cartoon).
Firefly has some neat accessories, but I hate his design (his look, especially the mask).
SE is SE. There is little to say about him. And CC is a dead ringer for his cartoon counterpart, but I was not big on the half-face mask. Thankfully, he comes with a full helmet head too.

I'd say the winner is Duke. Unless you really dig the Renegades look, in which case you will like them all, with the possible exception of Duke (because of the reason I like him: his not resembling the look of his cartoon version's head).