JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Tiger Force Short Fuze custom  (Read 30965 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Tiger Force Short Fuze custom
« on: October 22, 2009, 01:12:12 PM »

These are a couple of customs I did:

Big Lob custom

Cobra de aço custom

Python Patrol Big Boa custom

UK Jammer custom

20px]Star Wars Figrin D'an cantina band customs[/size]

Custom creation Code name: Sundancer

ARAH Moondancer custom

ARAH Terra Viper custom

ARAH Beaver custom

ROC Thunder custom headset & Armadillo

Tiger Force Grunt custom

Timbit custom

Joe Canuck custom

Shiver custom

Backstop & Chacal Noir customs

Frostback custom

ROC Death Squad Viper custom

Tiger Force Short Fuze custom

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:31:09 AM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Latinjoe22's customs
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 03:04:16 AM »

Updated thread.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 03:56:25 AM »

Interesting choice of parts on Big Lob. Works much better than the Club's, IMO.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 08:15:21 AM »

Yeah, I like LJ's Big Lob much better then the Clubs version.  Nice work on all your customs!  Did you create the whole band for Star Wars?
Lurking

Recon

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://authorianoneill.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 12:09:48 PM »

Very cool stuff.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:55:12 PM »

Thanks guys. Aside of these I did some Joe Canuck character customs that are in seperate threads. I'll put pictures of them here, but I'm waiting to complete my next custom (already begun) based on Joe Canuck's Shiver and inspired directly from NeoDragonKnights' 25th transalation design. So stay tuned.

And as for the Cantina band members, I used 5x Tarkin POTF2 figures that I cut off at the waist and took Gentle Giant's Cantina band members mini-busts, and hot glued them altogether. With some final black paint touchups, these took about 30 minutes to create! Basically you can separate the figures and recuperate the mini-busts again if you don't need the figures anymore, which is pretty neat.

The Big Lob was my first contest entry ever for any contest. I actually did it for the custom contest at the 2007 Canadian GI JOE annual Meet. I didn't win the contest ( the winner was a cool looking Ice Breaker custom ) but I won my pride to show it off. I even did a professional looking filecard and artwork for the event, but I was asked to leave it out of the contest by the organizers, due to other participants not creating artwork, which I found kind of unfair at the time, but found totally understable now since the odds were all even this way.
2 + 2 = 22

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »

You stuff looks great - however I have to ask was Twiggy watching the cantina band intentional?
It made me crack up.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 02:38:12 PM »

Quote from: "akpayne"
You stuff looks great - however I have to ask was Twiggy watching the cantina band intentional?
It made me crack up.

Bee-dee-Bee-dee-yup-Ak-payne-Bee-dee-Bee-dee-Bop-Pop!
2 + 2 = 22

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 11:24:29 PM »

Very nice stuff LJ! Your customs are always great.. the paint is neat and the parts choice is perfect. That Big Lob is a nice representation of him and a better version than Hasbro's one.... but man, that Big Boa.. errrr nope.. don't do that again!...OK?  ??? ;D

5h4rK

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 12:10:13 AM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
Very nice stuff LJ! Your customs are always great.. the paint is neat and the parts choice is perfect. That Big Lob is a nice representation of him and a better version than Hasbro's one.... but man, that Big Boa.. errrr nope.. don't do that again!...OK?  ??? ;D

5h4rK

Funny that you don't like Big Boa  ;D. Is it because of the figure or the paint, or better yet: Why? I'M just curious....

Theyre's actually a few good stories behind these customs, some stories are actually more interesting than the customs are  :). When I have a chance at it hopefully this weekend, I'll write in a few lines the creative process behing these.
2 + 2 = 22

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 07:50:29 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Very nice stuff LJ! Your customs are always great.. the paint is neat and the parts choice is perfect. That Big Lob is a nice representation of him and a better version than Hasbro's one.... but man, that Big Boa.. errrr nope.. don't do that again!...OK?  ??? ;D
5h4rK
Funny that you don't like Big Boa  ;D. Is it because of the figure or the paint, or better yet: Why? I'M just curious....
Theyre's actually a few good stories behind these customs, some stories are actually more interesting than the customs are  :). When I have a chance at it hopefully this weekend, I'll write in a few lines the creative process behing these.

I actually like it quite a lot. I never liked the original Big Boa - maybe because he was never developed as a character, but your pythonized one is actually pretty cool.  Good job.

Your Big Lob is still my favourite. If the club didn't have one, I'd be pestering you to make me one.
Could I convince you to make me a Pythona?...I have some Zanzibar hair begging to be removed!!!   :wink:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:52:01 PM by grunt 4 mvp »
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 01:59:07 PM »

5h4rK

Perhaps that Big Boa is not one of my best works according to you because he's just a straight repaint  :wink:

But behind the result, there was a noble cause. I did Python Patrol Big Boa to put a very commonly found figure to a good use. Did it ever happen to you to get multiple lots of figures or figure parts only to end up with many incomplete Big Boas, PsycheOuts or Sneak Peaks that nobody really wants or needs? Well it happened to me quite a few many times. So I decided to make a Python Patrol out of Big Boa for the following reasons:

• he's got the name Boa and he could easily be reborn as Big Python, that initial idea got me excited
  • he's a commonly found figure that is quickly discarded by many but I knew he could be turned into something unique
  • he's quite a silly looking figure when put alongside troops but with a paint makeover he could look like something new and perhaps more acceptable amongst the Python Patrol
  • Pyton Patrol figures don't quite go with other Cobra troops (or even with their own vehicles), and neither did the original Big Boa, so Boa would naturally feel at home
  • Python Patrol used serpent camouflage: I had intended for his naked torso to be covered in a ultra thin skin green bodysuit which is what you see that would bear the traditional Python Patrol yellow stripes in this case - I never got to doing the stripes
  • his colors would match the original Python Patrol color palettes, not the ones from the TRU release
  • Python Patrol didn't get that many non troop characters. It got Copperhead in the original run, and Major Bludd later on with the TRU exclusives. So Big Python would be a nice addition and an obvious extension of the original toyline.
2 + 2 = 22