JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Tiger Force Short Fuze custom  (Read 30876 times)

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Latinjoe22's customs
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 11:22:08 PM »

Hehehe!  ;D I just try to be honest LJ! I hope you're not mad at me??  :-[ I don't like it for 2 reasons: paint scheme and paint application. I love your idea and your story behind the Big Python character but I think it would be a better idea to find another body for the figure.. I don't like the way the torso is painted in green and the neck is still colored in flesh. And btw I love the original Big Boa and I have something like 20 of them (I purchased a couple of lots on eBay some months ago so..)
I'll try to post some pics of my customs in the next weeks (they were all made around '93-'95). I think you will laugh a lot cause I don't like any of them, haha! And I love the critics, so you are free to blast them in every way!!  ;D
Personnaly I think you are one of my favorite customizers (your ARAH versions of the JoeCanuck con figures are truly perfect)!!

5h4rK
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 01:22:45 AM »

Quote from: "grunt 4 mvp"
Your Big Lob is still my favourite. If the club didn't have one, I'd be pestering you to make me one.
Could I convince you to make me a Pythona?...I have some Zanzibar hair begging to be removed!!!   :wink:

Thanks Grunt. You were actually the first one to see it in person, and probably one of the only remaining active Joe Canuck members to have seen the cardart I crafted for my Big Lob custom. I will actually bring that cardart for everyone to see along with my customs to display them at the convention. It will be its only moment of glory.

And yes, it is always my dream to make a Pythona custom since I doubt it is in Hasbro's immediate plans and priorities, unless someone can certify that I'm wrong. I'm a big fan of the Sunbow movie and actually embraced the concept of Cobra-La and was a bit sad that we got so few of them in plastic, and that the only ones that we got, could've been so much more. Still, I'll make it one day once I'm done with my custom interpretations of Shiver and Black Ice, that's a commitment.
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 11:26:17 AM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
Hehehe!  ;D I just try to be honest LJ! I hope you're not mad at me??  :-[

No worries man. I know that your comments are always very constructive (most of the time). But you don't need to worry about Big Python. He was one of the previous customs I did and I did learn from it. I would like to redo it better one day since I don't have it anymore and I still love the idea, but there are so many custom ideas out there, and so little time to do them all.

I just saw your customs post but didn't have a chance to see them for myself. Will do. I promise that if I have to blast one of your creations, I'll do it in a stylish and sofisticated manner, how's that  ;D ?
2 + 2 = 22

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 07:37:53 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Hehehe!  ;D I just try to be honest LJ! I hope you're not mad at me??  :-[

No worries man. I know that your comments are always very constructive (most of the time). But you don't need to worry about Big Python. He was one of the previous customs I did and I did learn from it. I would like to redo it better one day since I don't have it anymore and I still love the idea, but there are so many custom ideas out there, and so little time to do them all.

I just saw your customs post but didn't have a chance to see them for myself. Will do. I promise that if I have to blast one of your creations, I'll do it in a stylish and sofisticated manner, how's that  ;D ?

''Most of the time''  ???.........................  ;D

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 09:39:43 PM »

No worries man. I know that your comments are always very constructive (most of the time).

''Most of the time''  ???.........................  ;D

And I was beeing nice when I said that. I did contradict myself by saying "always" but I'm rather glad you paid more attention to "Most of the time"  ;D
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 01:50:59 AM »

Just added a one shot custom I did in 20 minutes  :). I actually was working on my 2010 can joe con costums and stopped for a break. Suddendly I fell upon the head of Astro Viper and a Strato Viper pair of arms. That's when the flash happened. Zero paint required tonight - however: the pants and waist belonged to an aborted custom project that I decided to recycle for this character.

I don't own any of the ARAH Night Force figures yet so I decided to imagine my own, hence Moondancer.
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 02:28:58 AM »

[outraged AF fanboy mde]

OMFG, YOU'VE TOTALLY RUINED MOONDANCER!!!!! THAT'S NOTHING LIKE HIM!!!!!

[Expletive-laden rant calling into question your parentage]

[/outraged AF fanboy mode]

um, seriously, Moondancer's a Space Force pilot. i take it this guy is not him?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 07:42:42 AM »

Quote from: "Sundance"
[outraged AF fanboy mde]
The figure is well done, does it matter if it is or it is not Moondancer?  Hasbro has made alot of figures that are not what they say it is. 
Lurking

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 11:26:19 AM »

Quote from: "Sundance"
[outraged AF fanboy mde]

Sundance, I must plead ingnorance. I should've searched to make sure the name wasn't taken. I take you're referring to an official AF character? This time it's my bad, let me explain. I usually make sure my character's name doesn't conflict with an official character or someone's creation . In this case, I skipped that stage.

When I decided the name, for some reason, I was thinking the name of 2 SEGA GENESIS. One was called Shadowdancer and the other one Michael Jackson's MOONWALKER. Anyway, the character's name was meant to be directly inspired more Shadowdancer. The fact it's someone that actually uses stealth in the night, that is.

Would it please anyone here if I change the name? Hasbro has had to it before, so why can't I I guess :)

Seriously, I'd do it, let me know.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 11:55:59 AM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 12:14:48 PM »

http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/toys/00 ... index.html

Pallitoy figure in series 2, came with the Triad.

http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/toys/00 ... index.html

come series 3, he was a redeco'd US figure. also sold with the (restickered) Triad.

i wasn't entirely being serious with my 'outraged AF fanboy rant' (though if you'd posted this on BFTB, you'd get it from some quarters).

as for changing the name, that's up to you. there are after all, US and UK characters called 'Breaker', 'Tracker', 'Blast Off', 'Stalker' and 'Steeler' who are different. (well, our Steeler's the US Steeler redeco'd and Greek.)
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 12:32:23 PM »

That beeing said Sundance, It's not as if I mass produced a character that is supposed to be a different take on an official one. Therefore I won't change its name, as I'm confident that it shouldn't affect the reputation of the already existing character.

So there you have it, like it or not, "Night Force" Moondancer...not to be confused with the Action Force's Moondancer.
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 12:47:31 PM »

i wasn't entirely being serious with my 'outraged AF fanboy rant' (though if you'd posted this on BFTB, you'd get it from some quarters).

Hehe....coming from a Brit, I knew there had to be a sprinkle of humour with what you said. On the other hand, there's nothing like a little piece of entertaining controversy. I feel like opening an account at BFTB, just to rock your AF fanbase for a little while :wink: but I'd be expecting you to to get me out of there before and if it gets too ugly in there!  ;D What do you say?

I really prefer Moondancer v.1 to v.2. I totally dig science fiction inspired characters. Which is why I love Joe characters like sci-fi, Lightfoot and Payload.
2 + 2 = 22