JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Tiger Force Short Fuze custom  (Read 30979 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Latinjoe22's customs
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 02:28:41 PM »

I also like v.1 better as well. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 02:39:36 PM »

if you really want to piss some folks off over at BFTB, all you need to do is say that you hate the straight-limbed Pallitoy figures, the Hasbro ones are FAR superior and you REALLY ought to say you loved the Q-Force set from the US con - especially Natalie Poole.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 02:40:33 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
I also like v.1 better as well. 

And also v.1 has nothing much to do in terms of character design with v.2, even if we discard for a minute the articulation differences.
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 02:50:29 PM »

Quote from: "Sundance"
if you really want to piss some folks off over at BFTB, all you need to do is say that you hate the straight-limbed Pallitoy figures, the Hasbro ones are FAR superior and you REALLY ought to say you loved the Q-Force set from the US con - especially Natalie Poole.

Those are some massive suicide notes you just wrote for me  :wink:. They might come in handy to avoid a bloody brawl though. I'm now planning to do an updated ARAH version of AF Moondancer.
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 02:52:27 PM »

well, that's it. series 3 was when the Hasbro articulated figures came in and they used a redeco Zap and a redeco Short-Fuse for the new versions of Moondancer and Dolphin, even though they were going in Pallitoy vehicles. Likewise Wild Weasel became Red Wolf mkII - but not redeco'd - being bunged in with the Roboskull. The Hyena got Hiss Driver (called Hyena driver, obviously), the Wolverine - which previously came with Hunter - got Ton-Up (Rock'n'Roll with no accessories), the Escape Armour came with 'Escape Armour pilot' - basically the HISS Driver - the Silent Attack kayak was redesigned and came with Recondo and the ATC, Pac-Rats, Whirlwind, Attack Cannon (FLAK) and Command Centre were just re-released in new packaging. - the CC having no figures, i believe. the rest of the vehicles were all new Joe stuff and with Joe figs, WHALE, Skystriker, ASP, CLAW, Stinger, Moccassin, SHARC and Swamp Skier

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 03:11:34 PM »

Does Moondancer have apparent ethnic traits in the comic than he does on the figure? I just noticed that his real name is Tariq El Shafei, and well, Moondancer v.1 and v.2 look a bit too...neutral.
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 03:20:06 PM »

i wasn't entirely being serious with my 'outraged AF fanboy rant' (though if you'd posted this on BFTB, you'd get it from some quarters).

Hey Sundance, something just struck my mind. My custom's name is Moondancer, and now looking at your avatar, I'd say I wasn't far off from making the character look like a Sundancer. Would you say this makes sense??? (Please say yes)  ;D . I'm even willing to litteraly name him after you.
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 03:24:54 PM »

uh... dunno. i've only read a limited number of BAF strips since i never read the comic as a kid.

and yeah, he's white because he's got the same head they used for the frogman figures in series 1 and Barracuda, Shark, Dolphin and Hot Jets in series 2.

if you compare the various heads, tehy're basically all the same bloke but either bare-headed, wearing a beret, wool-cap, balaclava-style hood, hood and goggles, officer's cap etc. only a few are different.

added: sure. my pic's actually a Canadian soldier in a training exercise...

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 03:33:51 PM »

As for the Moondancer, I think I like vs. 2 better.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 03:48:04 PM »

uh... dunno. i've only read a limited number of BAF strips since i never read the comic as a kid.

and yeah, he's white because he's got the same head they used for the frogman figures in series 1 and Barracuda, Shark, Dolphin and Hot Jets in series 2.

if you compare the various heads, tehy're basically all the same bloke but either bare-headed, wearing a beret, wool-cap, balaclava-style hood, hood and goggles, officer's cap etc. only a few are different.

added: sure. my pic's actually a Canadian soldier in a training exercise...

With unpopular permission, fellow joecanucks, I give you Sundancer (reborned)

EDIT: Thanks Sundance, If not for your timely intervention, news of Moondancer would've travelled to the UK perhaps too quick for me to avoid beeing turned into Crumble ! Mmmm...Crumble.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:53:36 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2010, 03:57:25 PM »

oh, and if you really want to endear yourself to The Baron, be sure to tell him how much you love the yojoe.com toy archive. especially the US convention section.

*sniggers*

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2010, 12:18:49 AM »

Oh man LJ, I love that new character.. Sundancer's a great concept! I just wanna know if the helmet fits well on that Astro-Viper head??
I'll have to borrow the idea with your agreement!  ;D
Very nice job buddy!!