JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Is the shortpacked CC of "value" to you?  (Read 8544 times)

Metro

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Is the shortpacked CC of "value" to you?
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 08:30:04 PM »

Put me in the "meh" camp too.  Other than being unique for its cobra cardback the figure itself just doesn't do a thing for me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 08:56:24 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
Its nice to hunt, I hope I get one.
I have 4 of them, if you can't find one you can get one from me.

ooo thanks, I might take you up on that if I miss out in the next week or so.  I just hoping I can score on in the wild, just b/c that feeling you get of finding it yourself is soooo good lol
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 09:02:37 PM »

Its nice to hunt, I hope I get one.
I have 4 of them, if you can't find one you can get one from me.
ooo thanks, I might take you up on that if I miss out in the next week or so.  I just hoping I can score on in the wild, just b/c that feeling you get of finding it yourself is soooo good lol

I understand, I love that feeling too!!! ;D 
Lurking

roger dodger

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 10:03:21 PM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
Quote from: "roger dodger"
I took the new CC figure to the con and traded it, along with a new Spirit and Quick Kick and a Destro  comic pack for the GI Joe Resolute set. I got what I wanted and only paid half the price. If I see another CC, I might buy it, but I might not. The card is nice, but I open my figures, so a carded figure doesn't do too much for me. But that unopened Sgt Slaughter on my shelf is driving me nuts.

BTW -- it was great talking to you guys at the con.

Hey Roger, I just want to know if the trade was made with a seller? If yes I think I'm the new owner of this figure!  ;D
Btw I love that version of CC..
Yes, the trade was made to a seller. He had what I wanted, and I made the trade around 3 p.m. No money changed hands. I'm glad you got what you wanted too.

Kronser

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 02:53:11 AM »

It's a huge improvement on the ROC version, you have to admit at least that much. The Alley Viper should be the chase figure in this assortment (though I assume to most people he is anyways).
I figured out how to change my signature!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 08:41:04 AM »

Quote from: "Kronser"
It's a huge improvement on the ROC version, you have to admit at least that much. The Alley Viper should be the chase figure in this assortment (though I assume to most people he is anyways).

Why?  Did they change the figure?  I thought it was just a new colour scheme?  Which to me doesn't change the craptacular nature of the figure.

Short packing figures, specifically for that reason is never a good thing.  The reasoning behind doing that with CC is fine.  It never would have done as well as Doc did as a mail away figure.  Most likely Hasbro would have been stuck with thousands of the figure. 

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 08:44:43 AM »

Quote from: "canprime"

Why?  Did they change the figure?  I thought it was just a new colour scheme?  Which to me doesn't change the craptacular nature of the figure.

Short packing figures, specifically for that reason is never a good thing.  The reasoning behind doing that with CC is fine.  It never would have done as well as Doc did as a mail away figure.  Most likely Hasbro would have been stuck with thousands of the figure. 

I am assuming that he means they way they fly off the shelves as compared to the rest of the case...as in hard to find since every one seems to want multiples.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 06:36:02 PM »

I really like the new Alley-Viper.  They fixed the backpack/gun issue and gave him some new neat accessories, but then again I liked the Defense of Cobra Island AV too. 

As for Cobra Commander, he's an ok figure.  I would have gotten two if they were mail aways (one to open and one to keep boxed, like Doc) but as it is I'll just have the one, Cobra card or no.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Kronser

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 08:02:06 PM »

It is just a much more interesting looking version to me, the chrome and and overall darker color scheme is way better than neon blue and a translucent faceplate. Still not a great figure but I'd much rather display it than the ROC version.
I figured out how to change my signature!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 09:04:24 PM »

Okay so the PoC Commander is basicly the RoC version with a paint job and a new head.  The RoC figure still sold well, Hell I own 7 of them. I like the PoC version better so that is why I will still the buy this figure.  Now that it is on it's own Cobra card sweetens the deal even more.  Lets face it, not everyone will love it but this will sell out so decide now before it is too late. 
Lurking

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 09:36:46 PM »

Okay so the PoC Commander is basicly the RoC version with a paint job and a new head.  The RoC figure still sold well, Hell I own 7 of them. I like the PoC version better so that is why I will still the buy this figure.  Now that it is on it's own Cobra card sweetens the deal even more.  Lets face it, not everyone will love it but this will sell out so decide now before it is too late. 

So I can mark you down as "high" value?  Lol

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 09:46:27 PM »

So I can mark you down as "high" value?  Lol

If I have to choose...sure  ;D :lol:
Lurking