JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: POC at Toys R Us  (Read 2851 times)

viper2008

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
POC at Toys R Us
« on: October 03, 2010, 09:25:31 PM »

Has anyone found any at Toys R Us?  I was talking to a friend who works at the Kitchener Toys R Us and he told me that he has not seen any new GI Joe in the stock room.  He also mentioned that there was still lots of ROC for $2.98 in his stock room.  Hopefully he is wrong but it seems pretty grim that Toys will stock any POC anytime soon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: POC at Toys R Us
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »

TRU has be liqudating RoC figs for Hasbro.  Untill all the RoC figs are gone, we will be waiting for PoC.  I get different answer from each TRU I asked.  My favourite response was "the Hasbro Rep is in the store, ask her".
Lurking

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 06:33:46 AM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
TRU has be liqudating RoC figs for Hasbro.  Untill all the RoC figs are gone, we will be waiting for PoC.  I get different answer from each TRU I asked.  My favourite response was "the Hasbro Rep is in the store, ask her".

did you? Or was your statement above her answer?

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 08:11:46 AM »

They're really missing the boat on this one.
While they're stuck with RoC, people simply go to Wally's to get their new Joes.
Great plan  ???
Say no to AFA.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 08:23:06 AM »

Quote from: "B"
Quote from: "bandonov"
did you? Or was your statement above her answer?

I searched the store, but could not find her.  Then I thought to myeslf that he just said that so I would leave him alone.
Lurking

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 08:52:50 AM »

The answer we keep getting here from Toys R Us is they do not have any new Joes coming into their system.  One sales associate said they are going to see how the next movie does before they decide what they are going to do.  I think that last statement was just their own opinion and not fact.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 08:59:51 AM »

Quote from: "SnowHawk"
The answer we keep getting here from Toys R Us is they do not have any new Joes coming into their system.  One sales associate said they are going to see how the next movie does before they decide what they are going to do.  I think that last statement was just their own opinion and not fact.
So, they are speaking for Canada TRU then?  Seems suspect.

Here's a question for the next Q&A!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 10:35:20 PM »

I swear i saw someone posting about the TRU exclusive spirit and QK as if it was confirmed we were getting them, but I've never seen any actual confirmation TRU is getting any PoC, let alone the exclusives. I'm just wondering if I should be trying to hook up a trade from the US to get Spirit. QK, I can take or leave, but I want that Billy.. erm Spirit! Has there been any actual legit word on Canadian TRUs getting PoC??