JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GI Joe Renegades voice cast breakdown.  (Read 3471 times)

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Renegades voice cast breakdown.
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 09:06:23 PM »

Quote from: "B"
I personally just think that instead of having multiple universes why not just leave my old joes back in the 80's and just create and use all new characters for todays kids. New joes for new demographic. Hasbro has released lots of new characters that should get a chance to shine. That's my preference. Having said that I'm all in favour of anything that brings me awesome toys.

Why would they create all new characters when they already have established characters they can draw on? You would be surprised how many people are aware of Cobra Commander, Destro, Snake Eyes and Duke. Why throw those away? Joe is treated like almost every other franchise. Transformers will always have Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream and a few others. Power Rangers always have red ranger, blue ranger, etc. Batman, Spider-Man, Justice League, Avengers, X-Men, the list goes on. For a franchise to endure, it has to re-invent itself once in while. It has to stay fresh, to stay relevant with the times. At the same time, it has to be recognisable to people. That's why, IMHO, known A-list characters tend to stick around, change and evolve, whereas B and C-list characters come and go.

My point is that Duke, Snake Eyes and a few others are GI Joe in the minds of most people. Just like Spider-Man is Peter Parker. If Hasbro were to dump them in favor of all new characters, they would be putting aside everything that is now recognisable as GI Joe. 

OB
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »

I hope this cartoon is worth all the trouble... I reserve judgement until I see an episode. 
Lurking

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 09:47:12 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
I hope this cartoon is worth all the trouble... I reserve judgement until I see an episode. 

Same here.. too much bla bla for nothin'..