JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Gi joe availability near you!?  (Read 8330 times)

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Gi joe availability near you!?
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 05:11:04 PM »

Quote from: "ARROW"
Joes have been relatively easy for me to get over the past several years--mostly because I have lived in either rural areas or smaller centres.
Its just basic math that the larger the population is around you, the larger the collector population is going to be too.

I advocate hitting those smaller centres when you can, travelling a bit further out-of-field to look for stuff.
Understand that smaller chains often carry this stuff, as well as collectible stores off the beaten path.
Look at retailers like Home Hardware, Canadian Tire, London Drugs, Fields, True-Value Hardware, Pharmasave, Winners  and other similar local/regional  chains. They can often have some Joe items on their pegs, and many have somewhat decent ( albeit small) toy sections. You would be surprised where collectible toys can be found these days.

Let's face it, EVERYBODY hits the big chains because in their work-a-day lives they are the easiest, most convenient retailers to look at.

With so many mouths at the same feeding trough there is always going to be less to go around, and finding stuff is going to be a matter of luck and timing.
You'll have more luck scoping out a Walmart in Winnipeg or Kamloops than you will at a Wally in Toronto or Calgary.
If you are serious about increasing your odds, expand your search parameters just a bit more, and try some of the out-of-the-way places when you can.

yeah I live in Winnipeg and have only checked for PoC twice and managed to grab at least 5 AV's without trying.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »

Quote from: "B"
yeah I live in Winnipeg and have only checked for PoC twice and managed to grab at least 5 AV's without trying.

Thanks for letting us know on your hardship on finding AV's :P  Just Kidding   :shifty:
Lurking

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 07:25:32 PM »

i need some av's,  and fireflys, having a hard time with both.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »

Actually, I'm still looking for 25th stuff down here.  Ross, TJ Maxx, Big Lots, even Fred's (a dollar store) and Family Dollar have carried the torch for what I collect.  It seems the poc stuff was all wiped out pretty quick when it first came out.  I haven't seen alley vipers in awhile and only one firefly recently.  The second wave was hit hard and fast also.  I did notice that big bad toy store has a sale right now and the wave 1 snake eyes and storm shadows are cheaper there than retail here.

Kronser

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2010, 01:13:19 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
I will have to double check... around 14 so far... I think I will stop at 15 :shifty:

Dude, I think you picked a bad figure to hoard. No offense, but who is going to want them? I traded one when it was considered rare, but now I don't suppose it's in any more demand than any of the other single packed figs, and he's coming out in a revision in USA, so probably here too. Hopefully you can take them back if you feel you're stuck on 130 dollars worth of ROC repaints.
I figured out how to change my signature!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2010, 05:21:30 PM »

Time will tell, I guess... I'm glad I really like the figure and artwork.
Lurking

Kronser

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 05:33:22 PM »

By all means, the figure is fantastic for what it is, and the card art is great. I am just not seeing that much demand on it, and running into it in all the Zellers and Wal-marts I go into. I think Snow Job might be rarer in my city.
I figured out how to change my signature!