JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Cobra Deviant Mod  (Read 2067 times)

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Cobra Deviant Mod
« on: November 22, 2011, 12:51:30 PM »

While some like the fact that Hasbro reversed the legs on the Deviant to separate it more from the Steel Marauder, I always hated that they reversed the legs.

I just found it somehow just not looking right.  I finally got a Deviant for cheap at Winners and took apart the legs (it's harder than it looks!). 

Anyways, here's how it looks with the legs swapped and I also have a custom driver there.  He's just the Neo Viper from the SNAKE with a red masked Trooper head and some black helmet, not sure where it's from.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Cobra Deviant Mod
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »

Cool. I had thought about doing that but didn't get around to it. I looks better they way you have it set and I think it was sort of silly for Hasbro to reverse the legs. Thanks for sharing!

Also, you've just help prove a point I've been thinking for the past few months. The Neo Viper bodies is possibly the greatest body ever. You can pretty much put ANY head on that body and it works. I have a bag full of random heads from Slayer Design Studios and I keep on putting them on those bodies and most of them work on that body.

Don't believe me? If you have a bin or box full of loose, 25th anniversary figures at home, close your eyes and pull out any male figure, pop off the head and put it on a Neo Viper body. Most of them will work.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Cobra Deviant Mod
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 02:07:19 PM »

Oh yeah, I believe you on that.  Just check out my Overkill custom in the Nighthawk's customs threads. :)