JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Nighthawk's modern updates on vintage Joe ARAH figures  (Read 42428 times)

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Nighthawk's modern updates on vintage Joe ARAH figures
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »

I did a modern Rampart last year and the only thing I didn't like were the legs.  The lime green on the Airborne legs really throw things off.  I finally got an extra set of Steel Brigade legs so now I think I'm truly happy with him.  The legs color actually matches the color of his cap, but the flash makes them look lighter.

Let me know what you think.

Closeups of his head with goggles on and off.

I finally got a Spy Troops Blowtorch head and I can say I'm done with my Freefall.

I've been wanting this head for the longest time and with this head, the helmet fits much better.  Let me know what you think.

I love how I can just tuck his rifle in his webgear too.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »

I remember when I was a kid, I saw a wall of Crossfires.  They were not in any G.I.Joe catalogs that I saw so I skipped getting the Crossfire (and they were on clearance too).  Boy do I feel stupid now after seeing the current prices.

One day, I just decided that I want a modern Rumbler so I had a friend over at Hisstank.com paint up the legs and the waist part for me and 2days ago, I picked up a Crossfire.  It's missing 1 missile and the sleeve for the antenna and the front bumper broke, but it's not too big a deal to me as I paid $40 only.

Now Rumbler has a vehicle to drive.

He fits perfectly into the Crossfire.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 01:46:51 PM »

The DG Duke finally gave me the helmet I wanted to use for Duke without having to paint.  Here he is with my POC Hawk.  Duke's holster is grey to differentiate him a little from Hawk.

The rifle on Duke is just a vintage homage.  I probably won't use that gun for him in my displays though.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »

Don't know when or if Hasbro will release a Fast Draw.  I really hope they do, but for now, this one here will have to do.  A friend on HISSTank painted the helmet for me.

Close up of the hand held firing controller

Close up of the hose attachment to backpack

The following pics don't have the missiles.  I was too lazy to put them on when I decided to take more pics.

Without helmet:

Here's a few more pictures with the missiles on the launcher.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2012, 12:28:27 PM »

I really like the Marauders Mercer as is, but I wish he had a holster (I know, the vintage one didn't, but still, I want him to have a holster...haha).  Anyways, I had an extra set of Torch legs so I modified it to fit.  The paint match is almost perfect so no painting required.

His holster:

And his other Renegade buddies.   It's kinda disappointing that I had to modify all of them in some way though.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2012, 01:22:12 PM »

I have gotten a hold of DG Trooper webgear and I think I like him witht he black webgear better since the grey matches the kneepads and looks more close to the vintage one since he had black webgear.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2012, 01:28:56 PM »

This has got to be my laziest custom ever.  All I did was put a Steeler head and a Benchpress hat on POC Jungle Duke.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »

It looks like your Fastdraw and my Metal Head need to have a face off.  ;)
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2012, 04:33:20 PM »

It looks like your Fastdraw and my Metal Head need to have a face off.  ;)

LOL! 

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 12:32:15 PM »

Repeater finally has his vintage backpack now.  I know there's a bunch of colour mismatch, but it is more pronounced due to the flash.

Mercer and Taurus
Here's my latest take on Mercer and Taurus.  I'm not finished with Red Dog as I'm still waiting for some parts and deciding how to do his webgear.

My previous Mercer used ROC Monkeywrench upper legs modded to accept Mercer's lower legs.  However, this made him too tall.  I managed to get an extra set of Mercer legs so I was able to do some modding without fear.  I also left the holster out a bit more so the vest doesn't interfere with the pistol.

As for Taurus, the only thing I added to my previous mods (fixed knees so he can stand, fixed head so he can look forward, and gave him Zanzibar's webgear) is I added a backpack for him.  It sits high to accomodate the knife (and I was actually just too lazy to move the peg).

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2012, 07:47:15 PM »

Really love the idea behind the version of fastdraw. I never put those weapons on my POC duke....but with your design it's awesome. I've also seen a version of duke weapons on a version of Metalhead. Cheers! :)
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »

Here's my removable helmet Wild Weasel.  I used a Clone Wars Commander Cody head cause he has the scars on his face which fits Wild Weasel as his filecard says he was hit by a strafing run.  I don't remember where the helmet came from but I know it was an upsized cast of the 25th head.

First off, I know the skin tone on his neck is off.  I wish the head I used had lighter skin tone, but I really like this head as it's scarred and has a mean scowl.  My previous attempt used a head that matched the color perfectly, but looked to happy.  I may paint the neck in the future, but the thing is I don't really want to do any mods to the figure though which is why I used the grey helmet to hollow out.  The flash does make the mismatch much worse than it actually is though.  Anyways, hope you like it.

After seeing the Coilcon Dodger, I decided what to do with this Duke body.  Not an exact representation of the vintage one, but I like the modernization.  The idea behind how the helmet was done was that I made it look weathered over time to kinda match the armor on his body that looks weathered.  I wish I had his vintage gun, but this Duke gun looks futuristic enough I guess.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9