JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Any interest in 3D printing to flesh out your collection?  (Read 1773 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Any interest in 3D printing to flesh out your collection?
« on: May 25, 2021, 11:39:06 AM »

I have recently seen some really great 3D printed items like a 6" scaled Sky Hawk and Devil Fish.  It got the bug going in me to either buy them, or start 3D printing myself.

So has anyone else, I guess that really just means you Sundance ;) thought about doing something?

What else would you do?  I see a lot of parts for vehicles being done, but I could see custom vehicles/colours being another big driver of 3D printing.

Hopefully that would also light a small fire under Hasbro to at least try and offer some other 6" scaled vehicles.  Start small, like a CLAW, JUMP or Trouble Bubble, and see what happens.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Any interest in 3D printing to flesh out your collection?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 02:49:53 PM »

TBH, I'm kinda over collecting any Joes or other figures other than Lego minifigs. I've collected a nice set of DC heroes over the past couple years - Batman, Robin II, Nightwing, Batgirl from the Lego Batman Movie, Batwoman, Flash, Superman, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Golden Age Wonder Woman and Green Arrow. Would like a Black Lightning, but the only one they've done was an SDCC exclusive... I've started getting issues of a Lego Avengers comic over here with free minifigs on the front and got Spidey, Thor, Iron Man and Captain Marvel. Next up is Cap America. I'm planning to get Hawkeye, Widow, Panther and maybe War Machine when/if they do them.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 11:31:12 AM »

So why Lego minifigures?

Just curious since it seems to be a different direction going from action figures to Lego figures.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 01:59:58 PM »

Well, there's a Lego Batman kids comic over here, like the Lego Avengers one, with free minifigs on the front and I bought the first issue for Batman, just cuz I kinda wanted a Batman minifig cuz I love the Lego Batman Movie; they later did Robin II, Flash and Superman and I figured (lol) I wanted a Robin and then that I'd get Flash and Supes. After that, I decided I wanted Supergirl cuz I like her show, Nightwing and the other Bat characters, and Wonder Woman, so I bought the Batgirl LBM minifig split from a set someone was selling on Amazon just to spend some xmas cash, did the same with Batwoman to spend some birthday cash, then last year decided to get Nightwing, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Supergirl from eBay.

The Lego Avengers comic started last year and I bought each issue, except #2 which was Venom.

I guess part of it is that they're (generally) a damn sight cheaper than action figures (5 quid for the comic, I paid around the same for the ones I got from eBay, paid more for Batgirl and Batwoman) and they take up far less space. I have them lined up on my desk shelf in front of my 6in Black Widow, my 4.5in Captain Calhoun Trek figure, my 5in Master Chief, my 7in Soap MacTavish, my one Marauder figure and a couple of my AF figures I have on display still.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 02:16:09 PM »

so, I guess I killed the forum again...

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 08:20:46 AM »

so, I guess I killed the forum again...

Yes you did!  Hahaha

Sorry but I have been dealing with some kind of body pain for the past couple weeks.  It has left me not really doing a whole lot.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 02:49:43 PM »

ouch, sorry to hear that.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 03:25:51 PM »

The only thing I would be interested is in dioramas.  If would make the figures in display cases pop.   
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 02:20:01 PM »

I saw a pretty sweet Swamp Skier the other day.  Also there are already a ton of vehicles, weapons and some playsets online so it shouldn't be too hard to find something to suit your needs Pete.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 01:03:08 AM »

The only thing I would be interested is in dioramas.  If would make the figures in display cases pop.

I know a guy in the west end who does those. He was selling a B.E.T. and wings for Nemesis Enforcer. Some really cool stuff. As you would expect, custom work is really expensive.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 01:01:48 PM »

3d printing would be amazing if i could keep things set up.
I'm totally have no issue with repo parts as long as people identify them as repo. I would love to do a dio but sadly most of my figures are well played with.

What's the best affordable 3d printer out there?