JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Super7 GI Joe discussion  (Read 8311 times)

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Super7 GI Joe discussion
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2022, 08:09:15 PM »

Toysrus is having them online and in store in CANADA! I was very surprised to find them on peg in Quebec because of language law. I would have picked snake eyes but he was already gone. The shock trooper is nice.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2022, 08:41:05 AM »

I wonder if it didn't sell so great in the US and now they have stock to sell up in Canada?

$23 + tax is still too rich for me. I can get two sailors or go and buy a vintage figure that I don't have....can't decide what I want to do.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2022, 01:55:18 PM »

Yeah the ReAction figures do look great in person.  I would definitely have trouble saying no if they were under $15, but at $23 they are an easy pass.

I have to give Super7 props for the army builders.  Not only are they offered in a huge number of varieties (skin tone, facial hair, Cobra Trooper suspenders!!), they do a great job of evoking the cartoon. 

I will definitely be keeping an eye out for any future sales.

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2022, 08:38:10 PM »

I would have a hard time passing on storm shadow and snake eyes... for 10$.  For 23+ taxes, I better buy vintage joes and comple my collection than having more se and ss. Great figures thought.

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2022, 05:25:28 PM »

They seems to be selling fast... my local toysrus had only a single lady jay and navy guy. All gone... ;)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2022, 05:34:24 PM »

Wow, very cool idea from Super7. Too bad these are 5POA...

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2022, 07:27:47 AM »

Wow, very cool idea from Super7. Too bad these are 5POA...

They work really well with the 3.75" O-ring figs as background characters, or in vehicles.  Some people online have posted using the sailors from the last wave to fill out their Flaggs. 

This set is great, but I am really only interested in the Security Robot.  Too bad it is an SDCC exclusive because the price is probably going to be a bit high.  I mean I paid just under $100CDN for the Arctic Vehicle set (with the Blind Woodsman and sled) so I can only imagine what this will cost as an exclusive.  On top of that it is only available at SDCC and if anything is left after the show it will be put up on the Super7 site, which means shipping and customs on top of the price.

So as much as I like this set, I am passing unless I can find it up here for the same price.  Now I have to hope that Super7 decides to give us the Security Robot as a single release down the line.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2022, 01:11:06 PM »

I really like the packaging.

The figures are a "meh" for me. not a fan of 5POA. And while i didn't mind the cartoon as a kid I'm not overly fond of the cartoon looking toys.

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2022, 08:35:27 PM »

I preordered online Zartan and BAT from their wave 4. I might cave in and get more from Toysrus now... I am hoping for a sale :)

(my local Toysrus moved them with the higher collectibles section. There are plenty of the first wave)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 06:56:49 AM by bishop »

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2022, 10:03:17 PM »

Update: I found wave 3 in store... got firefly. Flint and baroness are cool. It's exciting to be able to find new figures in the wild. 

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2022, 09:43:42 AM »

The Super 7 line looks good. The figs are original and fill some blanks in the original toy line. But, why these are 5POA ???

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2022, 01:18:09 PM »

Good question, its probably cheaper for them to stick with their format then to explore o-ring format. And hasbro might be reluctant to give them the license for oring. It's a missed opportunity, would have great to have cartoon accurate oring figures. Oh well we still have the comic packs released some time ago.