JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Bumblebee AWE Striker  (Read 3558 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Bumblebee AWE Striker
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 09:28:47 AM »

I have picked up both the HISS tank and the awe striker - The carded figures are a fun, and in vehicle mode, Megatron and BB are great. The interior of the HISS tank has more detail than the original!  However as far as the robot mode - they are pretty flimsy transformers with lots of hollow gappy parts.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 12:56:29 PM »

Yep they are definitely vehicle first, robot second when it comes to design.   As a collector of both Joe and TF I would love to have a better robot mode, but in the end I'll take an accurate vehicle mode over robot mode.   However that doesn't mean I don't was a sensible robot mode.  I would hate for them to do a great vehicle, only to have the robot look like hot garbage.

Now, granted, there is only so much they can do when they have to marry two existing forms into one toy.  There will inevitably be some corners cut to make them both work, but so far they have done a pretty great job.  Plus they have to make the vehicle modes hold figures on top of everything else!!!  I would imagine if the designers had to start from zero there would be a much better marriage of the two forms, especially if they didn't have to worry about trying to fit 3.75" figures into the vehicle modes as well.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2023, 03:10:37 PM »

I hope they release Stalker as a single card. I'm not into TF so that has no interest for me but I want that Stalker.