JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: MIA  (Read 1287 times)

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
MIA
« on: March 24, 2023, 01:54:06 PM »

Well, I managed to look through my boxes the other day because i needed to rearrange the space under the stairs for my wife and somewhere in the last 10 years I have lost many of old joes.
Not sure  where and when since most of them were in storage from 2014 onwards... so far the list is
83 Duke
84 Mutt & Junkyard
84 Scrap Iron
85 Lady Jaye
85 Shipwreck but i still have Polly
85 Frostbite
86 Dr. Mindbender
86 Iceberg
86 Sci-Fi
86 Viper
86 Zarana
87 Crystal Ball
87 Zanzibar
88 Astro Viper
88 Toxo-Viper
89 HEAT Viper
89 Frag Viper
89 Downtown

I also found that many of my vehicles are suffering from old age and many parts are starting to break (skids on my fang cracked, the missle pegs on my ferret have snapped off, Vindicator jet has turned yellow, hinges on my Warthog have broken) Its kind of depressing that these toys are getting so old that i can't even store them in a bin without issues. :(

On the flip side I have other joes that I don't remember getting. Like an extra snow serpent, extra iron grenadiers, anniliators. All are played with and missing stuff but I don't recall every owning more then 1 of anything except the Vipers and Snow Serpents.

Anybody else lost figures over the years that you haven't replaced or is everyone pretty much completed their collections? Which was the most missed?

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: MIA
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 09:44:06 PM »

For your missing fig, have you look into your vehicle. They might be drivers?

Because of o-ring breaking, I had figs falling from the shelves and got their crotch broken. That o-ring maintenance is not fun when you have over 300 figs.

I also lost some hand attachement for the BAT.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: MIA
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 06:12:27 AM »

For me it isn't losing figures, but rather finding figures.

I have found a couple figures over the years when I swear I never had them.

As for breakage, yep get used to it.  We are talking 40 year old plastic, especially thin plastic for vehicles, and it won't last much longer.  Of course it was never meant to last long to begin with.  It'll probably hurt more for the big, expensive stuff (FLAGG, Terrordrome, etc).

For me I have an ever shrinking vintage collection of toys.  For two big reasons.  One, I have replaced a lot of stuff with reissues over the years which gives me more time.  And two, I would rather have the money for other things.  So while the vintage stuff is still viable as items to sell I am selling.   Breakage will make the ones that are complete even more valuable, but even with great care the chance your's (mine) will break is greater.  So I don't want to decide to sell one day and find out the item is damaged.