JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Bumblebee AWE Striker  (Read 3561 times)

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Bumblebee AWE Striker
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 03:18:47 PM »

of all the Autobots to make into an AWE Striker, BUMBLEBEE?! Why not Beachcomber? Hound? or even Outback, or Brawn...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 07:12:03 PM »

It's awesome!

Now I want: ;)
Cutter & seaspray (Whale)
Duke & Prime (APC)
Rock and Roll & Arcee (RAM)
Wild Bill & Powerglide (Tiger Rat)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 08:48:26 PM »

of all the Autobots to make into an AWE Striker, BUMBLEBEE?! Why not Beachcomber? Hound? or even Outback, or Brawn...

This.  Beachcomber would be a great pick.   

I know from the Transformers Earth Wars game I play, the following are in it:

Hound V.A.M.P. w/ Duke
Jetfire Skystriker w/ Snake Eyes
Powerglide w/ Scarlett

There is no Beachcomber in the game, which has ticked off a lot of people. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 10:15:45 PM »

Jetfire (the toy one not from the toon) with snake eyes would be awesome!

Great ones!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 08:24:08 AM »

A Skystriker that can actually transforms 👍

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 09:46:12 PM »

And preordered!!

I already preordered the HISS/Megatron, so this was a no brainer.

I am surprised they were able to get the AWE, with it's low profile, to fit a robot mode AND still seat figures.  Great work.

As for Bumblebee, it was to be expected.  The HISS/Megatron reveal also revealed the box which had a blurb about the next collab.  It basically said things about a scout, and his "sting" which were dead give aways.  The stream also revealed that they are working on more Joe/TF collabs so we can expect more in the near future.

Since this is a collaboration with Transformers there is some need to bring in the big guns on both sides.  The Transformers, according to those with some knowledge, have a core group of 7 characters that they try to fit in to every line/media whenever possible.  They are characters that crossover from TF to general audience awareness.  So those are the characters most likely to be attached to the crossover. 

They are:

Megatron (HISS)
Bumblebee (AWE)
Optimus Prime
Grimlock
Starscream
Soundwave
Devastator

Now that isn't a hard and fast rule, but the reality is that those are the characters the average person/fan would most likely mention if asked to name a Transformer.  So to put them into the crossover with Joe means they more likely to draw in other fans outside of Joe and TF.

Personally I could see Starscream as a Rattler, or Night Raven.  Prime is tricky, but to match up with his expected form (cab/trailer) I could see the HAVOC or APC.  Either way they will probably be pricey and more expensive than even the Megatron/HISS.   Grimlock, Soundwave and Devastator all seem like long shots to match up with a vehicle, but you never know.  Outside of that 7 Jetfire is a good possibility, along with a Skystriker as Pete mentioned. 

Anyway we have some time before we see the next one so who knows.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 07:42:16 AM »

Well the rumour has been that the third choice for this line is going to be a jet.  If that turns out to be true, then I could see that being Starscream.

Then a rumour, from a super trusted source, has been revealed for #4.  JTPrime is a consistent leaker of information about upcoming TF products.  He has a crazy high accuracy track record.  So if he is posting about this, it is all but guaranteed to be true.

Anyway, number #4 of this line is going to be:

Soundwave as the Thunder Machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it will be Soundwave as the Thunder Machine, and it will come with both Zartan and Zarana!  Along with a Ravage figure that has a chain to hold him (much like some previous releases with the Baroness holding Ravage with a chain). 

Man O' Man I am stoked if this turns out to be true.  Not only do we get a Thunder Machine, which if you remember the Joe team "unboxed" during a livestream a few months ago (foreshadowing anyone?), but we get our first ever single carded Zartan.  Plus a second figure (Zarana ain't cheap on the secondary market) and a Ravage.  Talk about a great set, but I do worry about what they will want to charge for it.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 08:39:45 AM »

If they make this set, I'm all in!

But, I don't understand how they choose to include drivers with vehicles...

HISS with Baroness (instead of the Red HISS driver or even Rip-It)
AWE Striker with Stalker (instead of Crankcase)
And now Thundermachine without Thrasher 🤷‍♂️

What bugs me more is Zartan should be released with his Swamp skier. If he is not, that means we won't see that Swamp skier anytime soon...

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2023, 04:54:08 AM »

If they make this set, I'm all in!

But, I don't understand how they choose to include drivers with vehicles...

HISS with Baroness (instead of the Red HISS driver or even Rip-It)
AWE Striker with Stalker (instead of Crankcase)
And now Thundermachine without Thrasher 🤷‍♂️

What bugs me more is Zartan should be released with his Swamp skier. If he is not, that means we won't see that Swamp skier anytime soon...

I think it has to do with character "awareness" more than anything.

Much like the TF character choices have been, so far, all "big" names (Megs, Bee, Soundwave).

These kind of cross brand toys want/need to draw in as many customers as possible, and the best way to do that is with characters that have a lot of recognition.  They seem to have done that with the TF side of the equation, but it isn't quite as assured with the Joe figures.  Baroness is a pretty well recognized character (Stalker not so much) and Zartan is pretty recognizable as well.  I imagine the next Joe vehicle will probably have someone fairly recognizable as well (Duke, Scarlett, etc).

I think I am more surprised by the fact that they didn't go with the really big names to start (Cobra Commander, Duke, Snake Eyes, Destro, etc).

My bigger worry is what kind of crazy price they might try and ask for with Soundwave/Thunder Machine.  It should be approximately the same size as the HISS/Meg but will come with 2 figures and the Ravage.  If the HISS/Megs was $130 what will they try and get for a bit more in a similar package?

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2023, 06:26:48 PM »

Another rumour.

This time is is being attributed to Sgt. Slaughter himself.  Apparently he was at a convention and let it slip that Hasbro was working on another TF Crossover.  This time it was going to be the Triple T with O-Ring Slaughter!!!

Man I really hope this is true.  I would love to get a Triple T with O-Ring Slaughter.  I would also suspect that the Autobot would be Grimlock since he lines up well with Slaughter (leader-ish type who is a big brawler).  I mean they could do Prime of course, but I kind of feel Prime should have a more iconic Joe vehicle alt mode.

Anyway, just a rumour for now, but I hope it is true.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2023, 08:27:12 PM »

If true, it would be the first time we get the vehicle with his original driver instead of a random fig.

Too bad I'm not a big fan of the Triple T/Sgt. Slaughter. Anyway, it's always fun to see Hasbro having ideas/plans for the o-ring line 👍