JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New Edmonton Toy Store!  (Read 5599 times)

Tattoo Shane

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tattoosandtoys.com
New Edmonton Toy Store!
« on: September 03, 2010, 04:02:42 PM »

PRESS RELEASE: New Edmonton Toy Store!

Shades of Grey
10444-82 ave
2nd Floor (above Yiannis)

Shane Turgeon, Promoter of the Edmonton Collectible Toy and Comic Show and author of The Force in the Flesh: Star Wars Inspired Body Art, has partnered with some of Edmonton’s most prominent and up-and-coming tattoo artists to bring you Shades of Grey; Edmonton’s ultimate art fusion experience!

By combining award-winning, experienced tattoo artists with a retail selection of classic toys and comic books and placing it all in an upscale, comfortable and gallery-esque setting, Shades of Grey is poised to provide you with an experience unlike any other you’ve encountered in a tattoo studio or a toy and comic shop.

What can you expect to find at Shades of Grey?

• Toys! We will be scouring the globe to bring our customers the very best in Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers, Super Hero and a wide variety of other vintage toys and modern exclusives. Additionally, we’ll be stocking a variety of collector support materials including resource books and protective materials for your toys!  Currently in stock: the newest Sideshow Collectibles, a variety of vintage toys as well as a number of the hottest exclusives from San Diego Comic-Con and Star Wars Celebration V!

• Comics! Whether you’re a serious collector or a casual reader of comic books, Shades of Grey offers a wide selection of yesterday’s key books and today’s hottest trade paperbacks, graphic novels, art books and statues!  Not only that, we’ve got a wide selection of original comic art and autographed comics from today’s hottest artists and yesterday’s legends!

• Tattoos! Shades of Grey has put together a solid team of experienced and up-and-coming tattoo artists including Steven Hayes, Wayde Dunn and Zack Neigel! No matter the size or scope of your tattoo ideas, our team will work with you to ensure you’ll leave Shades of Grey with an amazing tattoo experience. As we’re all self-proclaimed nerds here at the shop, we’re offering monthly nerdy tattoos for $75! This month: Super Mario 1 Ups, Autobot and Rebel Alliance symbols!

• Exhibits and Events! Celebrating the best of local and international tattoo art as well as original toy and comic art, our studio features a dedicated gallery space where rotating art exhibits will coincide with themed pop culture and charity events hosted by Shades of Grey.

• Special Guests! From internationally renowned tattoo artists to toy and comic industry professionals, you never know who might be appearing at Shades of Grey!

Make sure you become a fan on Facebook so you don’t miss any of the news, events and appearances as the information becomes available! www.facebook.com/shadesofgreytattoo
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: New Edmonton Toy Store!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »

What a great concept! I will have to try to check this store out when I'm in Edmonton in November.
Lurking

Tattoo Shane

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tattoosandtoys.com
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 05:08:41 PM »

Huge collection of complete, near complete, and completely incomplete 82-94 figures now in stock! Plus tonnes of loose modern Joes at $3-5 each!

Is that not enough? We also have original GI Joe comic art for sale as well!
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

Mr. Red Shadows

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 11:55:09 AM »

You got some nice stuff Shane. I got a vintage Landspeeder off you, and a boxed vintage Slave 1 from Shades of Gray. I do plan on stopping by and checking out some of your G.I. Joes for my collection.
Cheers from Spruce Grove,

Jason
"Long live the Baron and the Red Shadows!!!"