JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Fan Expo 2012  (Read 9027 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Fan Expo 2012
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:41:41 AM »

I just came across the dates for this years Fan Expo:

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/

Jay and Silent Bob at Fan expo this year and it's hosted by Patrick Stewart. I've booked the time off work already.  ;)

I'm thinking I might buy that early bird special package package for Jay and Silent Bob.

My brother has gone the past few years with his teenage son and always enjoyed it. Anyone else plan on going to this?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Expo 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:34:51 AM »

I went last year for 2 of the 4 days.  I was covering the show for Comic Book Daily. 

I was really impressed.  I think the show is much better than when I went back in 2004 and 2006.

I hope to cover the show again this year.  We don't get the exclusive news and toys like they do in San Diego, but I have a lot of fun interacting with the comic book creators.

One of my highlights last year was getting to meet Steve Epting.  He is one of my favourite artists, and it really helped that my friend knew him so it was easy to break the ice and talk to him.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:33:47 PM »

I was there last year, it wasnt SDCC but it was still a lot of fun.
My bro got me tickets for christmas for this years.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 08:44:07 AM »

If Hasbro is still doing those Q&A's, someone please remind me I want to ask Hasbro if they would consider getting a exclusive figure for Fan Expo like they do for SDCC. Maybe if we put the idea in their head they will go for it.  ;)

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »

If Hasbro is still doing those Q&A's, someone please remind me I want to ask Hasbro if they would consider getting a exclusive figure for Fan Expo like they do for SDCC. Maybe if we put the idea in their head they will go for it.  ;)
It would be better than last year's exclusive, which was the Hiss Scout and Cycle Armour with the gold Fan Expo exclusive sticker on them.

They gave me a couple of the extra stickers, so I made the spares in my collection Fan Expo exclusives.  ;)

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 08:22:38 PM »

Jay and Silent Bob at Fan expo this year and it's hosted by Patrick Stewart. I've booked the time off work already.  ;)

I'm thinking I might buy that early bird special package package for Jay and Silent Bob.

My brother has gone the past few years with his teenage son and always enjoyed it. Anyone else plan on going to this?

Yeah, I'm there. Gimme a ring and we'll hang out.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 08:10:48 AM »

Yeah, I'm there. Gimme a ring and we'll hang out.

Done deal. It'll be fun.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »

I may be cancelling my yearly sojourn to C2E2 this year with my sister due about that time - if so I think I will hit up Fan Expo for the first time.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »

Cool. That possibly makes 3 of the regulars from this board.

Maybe when it gets closer and they have more details we might get a few more.

Has anyone been on the Thursday? If so, is everything in full swing with guests, vendors, etc...?

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 08:29:07 AM »

I got a magazine in the mail the other day from Fan Expo. Very classy looking. I haven't really sat down to read it yet but the first thing I noticed is the full page dedicated to Booker T showing up on the Saturday only, from 1 -4. I didn't see his name listed on the web page last time I looked.

The schedule should be up next Friday.

This is my first Fan Expo. I'm really looking forward to it.  ;D

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 08:41:20 AM »

We will be going.  Gonna try to get Prowse's autograph for the Star Wars bathroom.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 10:52:15 AM »

I got confirmation this week that I'll be at Fan Expo.  I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.  I'm even going to try an be a retailer  ;).  I'm going to help out at the Big B Comics booth for a couple of hours on Saturday, while also trying to catch as many panels as I can.

I'm really looking forward to Fan Expo this year.  Hopefully Hasbro steps up, and brings some good G.I. Joe Exclusives, unlike last year's clearance toys with a gold sticker on them.