JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New Dollar Store G.I. Joe  (Read 6657 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: New Dollar Store G.I. Joe
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »

Well, that makes 2 of us so far. Fingers crossed we can get these for $5 or less.  ;D
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

playful

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 06:57:37 AM »

These just arrived for sale in Manila, Philippines today selling for 349.75 Philippine pesos, which comes to approximately $8.15 Canadian dollars per each. Of course, the price in the Philippines might not be the same price you'll have to pay.

This series comes in six to a box (one of each figure), and the cardbacks read Hasbro Canada on each.

Lucky for Canadians! It's no wonder that the card art is all red and white on the card face.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 07:54:09 AM »

These just arrived for sale in Manila, Philippines today selling for 349.75 Philippine pesos, which comes to approximately $8.15 Canadian dollars per each. Of course, the price in the Philippines might not be the same price you'll have to pay.

This series comes in six to a box (one of each figure), and the cardbacks read Hasbro Canada on each.

Lucky for Canadians! It's no wonder that the card art is all red and white on the card face.

Thanks for the info. Very cool.

If these are $8.15 each then I'm down to wanting one of each.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 08:15:18 AM »

Thanks for the info. Very cool.

If these are $8.15 each then I'm down to wanting one of each.

I think Playful is right.  I just recently got back from Thailand and the prices on toys over there were about double what we pay here in a major department store.  So I think it might be possible that we will see these hit shelves for $7 or possibly less.  At least 2 cases for me still, especially if it is only 6 figs in a case.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 10:29:12 AM »

These are kinda cool. I dig the arashikage symbol backdrop. You can bet the SS and SE are going to go fast and the others will peg warm (relatively speaking, depending on availability). SE and SS are the first modern versions of these versions of very popular characters. It's too bad they werent packed 8 per case with 2 each of SS and SE. Shipwreck is appealing as it's based on the very cool Devils due design. But the others are kinda duds.

Depending on the price, I'd go for at least SE and SS, and maybe the rest.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »

The title is a bit misleading. The day gi joe ends up in all dollar store aisles will be a dark one for me.

These look great btw.
2 + 2 = 22

Hobbes

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 02:15:43 PM »

These figures look pretty good despite the lack of accessories.  If we can get them for say $6 a pop, I'd gladly take these over the movie ones. I'd probably get one of each plus a few more of the troopers.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 09:38:51 PM »

Only upcoming figures I seem to have any care for.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »

The article I read said something about the figures being geared towards "Family Dollar." Is that a chain of dollar stores? Or was that a total Jon-fail?

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 09:33:45 PM »

Dude I really really hope it's Dollarama....all I have where I live is Wal-nut and Dollarama...that would come close to selling these. Sometimes Canadian Tire sell toys, I got allot of the star trek movie figs there for close to nothing.

<Fingers Crossed>
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »

Uh, for simple repaints I can honestly saw holy cow, I want these pretty badly:

http://www.joedeclassified.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=498

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 12:01:20 AM »

The article I read said something about the figures being geared towards "Family Dollar." Is that a chain of dollar stores? Or was that a total Jon-fail?

it is a chain of dollar stores in the states
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.