JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Successful Vacation  (Read 1986 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
Successful Vacation
« on: August 18, 2009, 11:32:50 PM »

I went up to Houston this weekend to visit one of my best friends and check out his new house (in case ANY of you guys missed me or wondered where I was...probably not...that's where I was).  I had high hopes for the vacation because I know Houston gets stuff a lot quicker than we do and there are WAY more stores up there. 

I ended up buying two more Elite Vipers, another Eel, another (25th style) Eel with Wave Crusher, Baroness, a Crimson Neo-Viper, and the big find, a Paris Pursuit Baroness.  I also got the Crimson Hydra and the Dragonhawk XH1. 

I'm kinda disappointed with PP Baroness because her dress doesn't come off so she's not too poseable.  And I'm puzzled why they made a different head with non-removable glasses for her after they obviously spent a lot of money on the mold with removable glasses. 

The Crimson Hydra is just kinda ok.  I mainly got it because I never got the Sky Sweeper.  The removable scout pod is pretty cool though.  The Aero-Viper figure is decent at least, and would look great in the good ol' Z-25 Condor.

The Dragonhawk is very cool-looking, and the way the missiles sit flush with the sides of the chopper when it's not in "attack mode" is neat.  Pull part of the tail back and the missile pods pop out as a hidden surprise for Cobra forces.  While this version of Wild Bill is decent looking and I know Wild Bill is supposed to come with the Dragonfly/Hawk, did we really need another Wild Bill figure?  My other complaint is that the rotor blades are thin and seem VERY fragile.

Honestly I really, really wish they had made the Dragonhawk twice as large, added a second seat, and made it an Echo-class vehicle.  Then it would have been perfect!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Successful Vacation
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 06:44:36 AM »

sounds like a good haul. I've heard alot of people complaining about the dragonhawk scale.

Editor

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.animeevolution.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 12:07:19 PM »

Is the Dragon Hawk still worth it for the price? Or should we wait for sales?
Convention Chairman: Anime Evolution 2010
August 13–15 2010, UBC-Vancouver, British Columbia

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »

I picked it up, and thought it was way to small - it is a great item, but doesn't really fit in with anything sitting beside it.
The sad thing is I don't remember how much i payed, but anything over $25 is a tough sell.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 11:18:10 PM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"
I'm kinda disappointed with PP Baroness because her dress doesn't come off

Oops.  I just realized what I said.  I'm surprised no one else called me on it!

I really like the Dragonhawk, it makes a very cool scout/small attack chopper.  But just realize it's small, probably 4 inches (lengthwise) and 2 inches (height) shorter than the original Dragonfly.

Oh crap, should I be doing measurements in metric?  Is my American arrogance showing through in that I'm assuming you guys know what I'm talking about?  ;D

Is it worth $25?  Ehhhhh...It doesn't have the beef to it the Steel Crusher does, but it IS a brand-new mold and not a repaint like the Crimson Hydra.  I really like it.  It'd be an easier call if it didn't have yet ANOTHER Wild Bill with it (I like the Hydra because I really liked Aero-Viper back in the day).  I'm sure there will be more sales upcoming on Bravo vehicles, so if they put it up for $20 I'd definitely get it for that.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!