JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Some OlYeller Customs  (Read 4315 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
Some OlYeller Customs
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:28:51 PM »

OlYeller hasn't been on the site that much in the past few weeks, but that doesn't mean I haven't been Joeccupied.  Besides procuring more vehicles etc, I've also done a few customs over the past few weeks.

First up is my first ever custom, Joe Canuck.  I posted pics of him on here before and got both props and some criticism.  Initially, he was a repainted TRU RoC Firefly, with a white and gray color scheme.  His critics said that (and I admit) he needed the beanie to complete the Joe Canuck look, and that Joe Canuck uses brown as his secondary color.  Well, a simple repaint to his accents and taking a razorknife to both his head and a RoC Shipwreck's head yielded THIS:

Admittedly, he could use a touch-up on his goggles and I didn't get the head cut quite perfect, but I'm still pretty pleased with him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
Re: Some OlYeller Customs
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:34:27 PM »

Next up is Canada's own Backstop.  Considering that I didn't get to the convention last year and the crazy prices the set brings, I decided I'd just make my own.  He's made just like the original, using Serpentor's body from the 25th Air Chariot, Steeler's head from the MOBAT in the 25th Battle Pack and a Marauder knife.  The belt is a random belt from an extra Rock & Roll because unfortunately Marauder doesn't sell the web belts anymore.  But if anyone has an extra they want to part with, let me know!

OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 11:37:20 PM »

The next custom was the easiest I've ever done, and a logical mix of leftover parts.  I combined that tan MOBAT Steeler body with Serpentor's head, painted the body jet black and...voila!  Chacal Noir!  The biggest difference between this one and the original is the black hands and arms...which I actually like better.  And yes, I'm gonna get a silver Cobra sigil for his left breast, too.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:41:59 PM by olyeller01 »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 11:40:26 PM »

My final figure is not so much a custom one as it is a slightly modified one.  I liked the DVD pack Serpentor due to his much more accurate appearance, but I didn't like how friggin bland he looked.  Well, a skirt swap with the 25th single pack Serpy and some gold paint to his helmet, neck-thingy, and chest snakes and he looks a LOT better.  I also painted gold and threw in a Cobra staff...which is from SOME 25th fig but I don't remember which!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:42:12 PM by olyeller01 »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 08:46:55 AM »

Someone has been very busy! With all those reviews and still have time to make customs. I'm glad you have shared your work with us.
Lurking

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:05:35 PM »

That Joe Canuck is a fresh new direction, and a nice looking version of him too. He looks more as if he were Joe Canuck Resolute, which is pretty neat in itself since he looks different from the original and that would probably be how I would name him...If It was my custom.

Neat Canadian flag sticker by the way, I wonder who gave it to you  ;D
2 + 2 = 22

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 07:41:09 PM »

Your JC is SO much better now, great work.  And your Backstop and Noir are pretty spot on and just as good as the official ones, you should be very happy with them.  Now get going and do the other JoeCanuck characters!
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 07:33:02 PM »

Nice job on all of them!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 08:48:24 AM »

You can pick up cobra stickers for your Chakal at cobrastickers.com. Also, for true authenticity, you can turn that webgear around. ;-)

Good work. The paint seems a little extra glossy on some of them, but that might be the flash.

- :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »

I really like the Serpentor.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »

Nice, man!  I've been working on Snowbank myself.  Love the silver and gold, what paint did you use?  The silver model master acryll I have is too thin...

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 06:53:35 PM »

Quote from: "turner"
Nice, man!  I've been working on Snowbank myself.  Love the silver and gold, what paint did you use?  The silver model master acryll I have is too thin...

I used Model Master Acryl on both the gold and silver.  I will say that it did take a few coats.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!