JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What are you playing? - Video Games  (Read 6942 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
What are you playing? - Video Games
« on: September 26, 2011, 11:58:14 AM »

Simple, what are you playing and what's in your inventory, waiting to be played.

Thanks in part to the Blockbuster closing sale, my list has gotten sort of gotten out of hand:

Current games I'm actively playing on the PS3:

Fallout 3
CoD Black Ops
Spiderman, Shattered Dimensions
Wolverine

Game on the to do list:

Infamous
Prototype
Little Big Planet - Family game for everyone to play.
Duke Nukem forever - played about 30 mins, so far not impressed.
Assassins Creed 2 - great game but when I trasfered data from my old PS3 Fat to my PS3 slim this is the only one where I lost all my games saves. I doubt I will play it again as I was probably 3/4 finished.
Assassins Creed 2 - brotherhood - one of my wife's games
Assassins Creed 2 - Revaluations (Coming in November, - one of my wife's games)
Price of Persia something or other
Homefront
The Bournce Conspiracy
Transformers - The War for Cybertron - old band mates want me to play on line with the.
Fallout - New Vegas
The Orange Box - Portal
Portal 2 (Future Christmas gift for wife)
CoD modern Warfare 3 (Coming in November)
Overlord - one of my wife's games
Overlord 2 - one of my wife's games
Dues Ex - Suppose to set a new standard of awesome for games and be the one to watch.
Brink
Boarder Lands
Lost Planet (hated the controls and will probably never play again)
Lair
Dungeon Siege 3 - to play with wife
Harry potter Lego - currently playing with my wife

That's just my PS3 list. I have a bunch of Xbox 360 titles I probably never get around to playing or finishing (Fable 3 comes to mind).

I realize I have a HUGE list and it's not like I'm sitting at home all day playing video games. Quite the opposite really. I have a 5 year old and a wife and right now I'm more interested in ripping down the paneling in the laundry room and replacing it with sheet rock. I just keep picking up games when I see them going for a really good price. That and I have 2 PS3 in the house so some of the games are ones I picked up for my wife but I'd still play them some day.

So what are you guys playing?

Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: What are you playing? - Video Games
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 12:33:48 PM »

Currently playing, SC2, WOW (strickly PvP), minecraft.

Just biding my time for Diablo 3
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 01:51:07 PM »

modern warfare 2 and... modern warfare 2.

still plugging away despite all the campers, rushers and knifers infesting it.

if anyone's playing it on PC and wants to play some Spec Ops co-op, PM me and let me know, I could use some help doing the Echo missions and trying to finish the Deltas on Hardened...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 01:57:10 PM »

Tenchu Z
Splinter Cell Conviction
Say no to AFA.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »

if anyone's playing it on PC and wants to play some Spec Ops co-op, PM me and let me know, I could use some help doing the Echo missions and trying to finish the Deltas on Hardened...

If it was on PS3 then I would be your man. I did all the Special Ops on hardened. Heck, I played the entire story mode on hardened. I played the heck out of that game and I would play it again if not but for all the campers and hackers. I can deal with the knife lunges from 10 ft away but nothing ruins a game more then sitting in the corner and camping. Me, I'm all about gun and run and when I'm in the zone, I'm pretty darn good if I say so myself. My buddy Mike like to "hide in the corner".

Gah, that's camping 101. He saw me on his system one day doing the whole gun and run thing and he was saying "OK. I get wheat your doing now". Me, I jump out the windows and spin in a full 360 before I hit the ground, look for movement, run at it, start shooting and THEN I start to aim. Total gun and run. Sure, I'm not always first but I'm usually in the top 3 and I have fun doing it and I give the other plays a good target to chase as well.

Having a hard core cool head set really like the Tritton AX 720 and not a junky ear bud rammed in my head helps. Easy to hear guys behind walls reloading.  ;)

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 06:26:42 PM »

Playing:

Batman Arkham Asylum PS3
Final Fantasy XII  PS2
Final Fantasy XIII PS3

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core PSP
Final Fantasy VI The Complete Collection PSP

:)
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

condor knight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hjlcollectibles.com
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 07:28:34 PM »

FF13
FF7
FF8
Dynasty Warrior Gundam
Dynasty Warrior Gundam 2
Come visit my store at
http://www.hjlcollectibles.com

My email via the site:
hal@hjlcollectibles.com

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 09:27:01 PM »

Zelda the ocarina of time on my Nintendo 3DS, if i'm lucky to find time.
Lurking

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 02:11:03 AM »

If it was on PS3 then I would be your man. I did all the Special Ops on hardened. Heck, I played the entire story mode on hardened. I played the heck out of that game and I would play it again if not but for all the campers and hackers. I can deal with the knife lunges from 10 ft away but nothing ruins a game more then sitting in the corner and camping. Me, I'm all about gun and run and when I'm in the zone, I'm pretty darn good if I say so myself. My buddy Mike like to "hide in the corner".

Gah, that's camping 101. He saw me on his system one day doing the whole gun and run thing and he was saying "OK. I get wheat your doing now". Me, I jump out the windows and spin in a full 360 before I hit the ground, look for movement, run at it, start shooting and THEN I start to aim. Total gun and run. Sure, I'm not always first but I'm usually in the top 3 and I have fun doing it and I give the other plays a good target to chase as well.

Having a hard core cool head set really like the Tritton AX 720 and not a junky ear bud rammed in my head helps. Easy to hear guys behind walls reloading.  ;)

yeah, i run and gun all the time. only time i hide is when i've got a kill-streak reward to use. i was playing a domination match on high rise the other day where i was kicking butt all over the place. i finished top scorer overall with 25 kills, 7 assists and 20 deaths.  and i had 4 3-streaks but just couldn't get the 4th for a care-pack. some days i have good matches and some days i have poor ones, depending on the volume of campers.

i'm still doing way better than i was last year, when i was horrendous and was lucky to get over 4 kills in a match. then i suddenly got better literally in one day. i played in the morning before work and was rubbish as usual, went on again in the evening and suddenly pulled off 10 kills. next game, i had about 12. it was weird as hell.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 06:50:34 AM »

Im going wayyyyyback.
Atari 2600 pitfall and defender!

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 08:42:11 AM »

Battlestations: Pacific & Tomb Raider Anniversary (360) for me. 

If I ever get my PS3 back in working order (gotten the Yellow Light of Death twice) I'll have the God of War collection, Arkham Asylum, Black Ops, InFamous & Madden 12 to play. 

I've also got a crapload of games I'm very far in but never completed: Forza 3, GTA IV, & Red Dead Redemption just to name a few. 

This fall I'm looking forward to Arkham City, Forza 4, Halo Anniversary, & MW3.  Might pick up NHL 12 as well as I keep hearing really good things about it.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 09:02:03 AM »

Battlestations: Pacific & Tomb Raider Anniversary (360) for me. 

If I ever get my PS3 back in working order (gotten the Yellow Light of Death twice) I'll have the God of War collection, Arkham Asylum, Black Ops, InFamous & Madden 12 to play. 

I've also got a crapload of games I'm very far in but never completed: Forza 3, GTA IV, & Red Dead Redemption just to name a few. 

This fall I'm looking forward to Arkham City, Forza 4, Halo Anniversary, & MW3.  Might pick up NHL 12 as well as I keep hearing really good things about it.

You can fix the YLOD. Check you tube if you want to do it yourself. My buddy Mike fixed his recently. I had a PS3 fat and had it repaired then I bailed off it and bought a slim.

BTW, if you have a PS3 fat, you should be playing with your system on it's side. Remember when they first came out there was an add on stand so that you could your your PS3 sideways? Turns out that stand wasn't as useless as I thought. It increases the airflow into your system. I've taken one of these apart with my buddy and there is a huge fan but it blasts straight down, so if you want longer life, turn your PS3 FAT on it's side.

Also, if you start getting the YLOD and have friends profiles on your system, deactivate their accounts asap. Each user profile can be used 5 times. If a PS3 dies then all accounts tied to that system are lost.

On a side note, the latest CoD Blacks Ops maps are FREE to download. Anyone want to hunt Zombies?