JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Danger Girl/GI Joe from IDW  (Read 5720 times)

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Re: Danger Girl/GI Joe from IDW
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »

I was just looking at the tradeback in books a million about 25 minutes ago.  I guess it was the first issues, collected.  Anyways, showed one of the girls naked in a big panel with a towel hanging vertically and covering a few parts.  Had another (repeated) shot of one of them with the seat of her pants torn out so you could see most of her butt cheek.  Also noticed profanity, that's one of the things I respect about Larry Hama, he can tell a great story without resorting to profanity.  The first pages had sexual innuendo as the guy who had apparently captured the girl was expecting her to have sex with him, and she pretended to play along so she could kick him in the privates.  Not exactly Hama worthy story.  If I can't read it in front of my son, then I have no business reading it.

Well said sir. I feel the same way about music and video games. When I'm playing on line and some kids start with the "F - you man" junk I flick on the headset and tell them "C'mon, you can do better then that right? Any knuckle dragging moron can say that. Get creative, be original". I've actually made a few friends on line with the same kids saying "F you" once we started talking. Of course a bunch say "You sound old." to which I tell them the truth, I am old. I'm turning 40 in a couple of months. It gets quite the reaction from them and most of the time they calm down when they realize I'm as old as their dad.

Of course I still swear from time to time, like when I almost missed a red light a few months back and said Sh**! That was the first time I swore in front of my  son and thankfully he missed it.

Have a child really made me grow up I guess.  ;D

I'm gonna disagree. While I definitely prefer and use "clean humour", sometimes an errant f-bomb can have stupendous comedic effect. It just depends on whether it's well-placed or gratuitous. Profanity wouldn't be such a problem if kids knew when and when not to use it. Heck - that applies to adults too!!!

That being said, my experience reading Gen13 was that the "adult" content was *all* gratuitous. So if that's not your thing, stay away!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 01:45:58 PM »

one only has to see X-Men: First Class and the Wolverine cameo to know the value and comedy of the well-placed f-bomb.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »

Ive been a fan of J Scott Campbell, so I will definately take a look at this when it comes out.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 03:30:12 PM »

Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »

Whoah. Check out the guns on that rattler!!!