JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Policies of a Toy Maker  (Read 6695 times)

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Policies of a Toy Maker
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2005, 03:40:26 PM »

I guess he was supposed to look punk. Somewhat acceptable figure, but not Zartan.

I put JvC's black hood on hockey Zartan. Works great.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Policies of a Toy Maker
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2005, 07:48:51 PM »

(of course that would have nothing to do with the fact Hasbro cut their own throats by ignoring 17% of their Joe market share - Canada).

Last time I looked Canada was less tan 1/10th of the population of the U.S (Current numbers sugest our population is 9.25% of the U.S.).....and we have a much larger group of aging citizens...so what am I missing when these number and become 17% ?has someone measured the amount of collectors out there????...lol?!!!!

Also I do not think any one toy line goes after every child and child age group (45 million in the U.S?.this is not a vaccination for chicken pocks it?s a boys action figure line)?last time I was at the toy store I saw many different groups of toy marketed at many different age groups and then of course there is the gender split.  Any toy out there targeting such a large group seems to have gone a little overboard. One thing I am sure everyone will agree to is that Hasbro has made many errors in the past?like Sgt. Savage and so on?and Sigma six will be another?kind of like some guy who knows what he is talking about (by canceling the 3 3/.4 line) is about to make another one or two year span toy which will fail?!!!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Policies of a Toy Maker
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 01:40:45 AM »

So Hasbro wants to go in a different direction (more like jumping the amine bandwagon if you ask), then fine. A cartoon is a great move.  But you need product to be under 10 CAN bucks for parents to consider buying a few Sigma Six figures in order to justify the cartoon existence.  The 15 US price tag will be a deterrent for most parents. They might buy one but not 2 or 3 figures within this North American economy (i.e. higher taxes, higher bills, anti-war etc.).  Also there are other toy lines out there like Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers etc. that sell for less than 10 bucks.  Kids can bitch and whine all they want.  It's the parents that have to shell out for the product.

And I maintain the guys now running the GI JOE department don't have a clue.  They want to make money but yet double productions costs (i.e 3 3/4 to 8") to launch Sigma Six. Isn't petroleum demand is getting higher?  Didn't they whine the reason why the o-rings were first removed was because they were an added production expense :roll:.  So lets go to 8" of plastic to market the brand.  Why are other companies including Toy Biz going with 4" figures now?  Why not release Sigma Six in 3 3/4 single packs instead for 4 US, so they can sell instead of becoming peg warmers?  A cheaper product will move faster than an expensive one.  I don't need to work in the toy or cartoon business to figure out dumb business practices.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Policies of a Toy Maker
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 05:19:41 PM »

Pete the Greek =  :thumbsup:

Clocktower

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.naturesguard.com
Policies of a Toy Maker
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 02:39:57 PM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
So Hasbro wants to go in a different direction (more like jumping the amine bandwagon if you ask), then fine. A cartoon is a great move.  But you need product to be under 10 CAN bucks for parents to consider buying a few Sigma Six figures in order to justify the cartoon existence.  The 15 US price tag will be a deterrent for most parents. They might buy one but not 2 or 3 figures within this North American economy (i.e. higher taxes, higher bills, anti-war etc.).  Also there are other toy lines out there like Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers etc. that sell for less than 10 bucks.  Kids can bitch and whine all they want.  It's the parents that have to shell out for the product.

And I maintain the guys now running the GI JOE department don't have a clue.  They want to make money but yet double productions costs (i.e 3 3/4 to 8") to launch Sigma Six. Isn't petroleum demand is getting higher?  Didn't they whine the reason why the o-rings were first removed was because they were an added production expense :roll:.  So lets go to 8" of plastic to market the brand.  Why are other companies including Toy Biz going with 4" figures now?  Why not release Sigma Six in 3 3/4 single packs instead for 4 US, so they can sell instead of becoming peg warmers?  A cheaper product will move faster than an expensive one.  I don't need to work in the toy or cartoon business to figure out dumb business practices.

I never said they were doing the RIGHT thing, granted, I like Sigma 6, but I would still rather have my 3 3/4 Joes.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Policies of a Toy Maker
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 12:44:39 AM »

Quote from: ""Clocktower""
I never said they were doing the RIGHT thing, granted, I like Sigma 6, but I would still rather have my 3 3/4 Joes.

Oh they will do the right thing with the Star War toys coming up.  This is what bugs me with Hasbro.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Policies of a Toy Maker
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 01:07:52 AM »

Yes thats right...Star Wars...great selection...available everywhere and in good numbers...!

G.I.Joe...who the heck are they...a Canadain would hardly know...except for about 20 years ago when Star Wars was finished because of a action figure with battle action swivel arm grip and snap on stay accessories...!!! :shifty: