JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Halifax's Odysee 2000  (Read 17300 times)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« on: May 29, 2004, 12:12:40 AM »

I finally found a complete Back-Stop with his elusive pistol, two of them in fact, and a complete North American release of the Pursuader at a store in Halifax by the name of Odysee 2000. He also sold me a copy of How To Draw GI Joes #1 from 1987 for a buck. I had a quick chat with the owner, who was a great guy (seems to be the trend in Halifax) and had substancial knowledge of GI Joe.

He mentioned that he once sold a 99% complete Terrordrome (missing only two gas pumps) within an hour of putting it on display for $450. I was curious if the big buyer is on this board, and if anyone in the Maritime area has ever dropped by this place. Reasonable prices on what he has, which isn't all that much but enough for a comic shop, and just a guy worth supporting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 04:28:12 PM »

Tell him about this board and get him on it!
More contacts for Joe Collectors in Canada is never a bad thing.
:-)

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 11:01:59 PM »

Yes please get him on here...maybe he has some items I need...lol!!!

The more the better!!! :thumbsup:

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 09:12:43 AM »

Sadly, I visited Odysee 2000 on my last day in Halifax. I only thought of telling him to visit the board after I was back at my brother's apartment. I'll try to track down his e-mail address, though, and hook him up.
Updated!

SoundEffect

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/msfm/
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 09:05:14 PM »

I've been there hundreds of times when I lived in Halifax...he does have some rare stuff. I don't like the prices, but then I've always gotten Joes at really good prices, but it's a worthwhile shop to visit for sure. Lots of vintage Star Wars, GI Joe, anime, etc.

I don't think they have a website yet, but the same guy's been in business since 1977. I found this info online:

Odyssey 2000
6407 Quinpool Rd., Halifax, NS
Ph: (902) 429-6477

----------------------------

Another Halifax shop that has a similar selection and as good, if not better prices is "Strange Adventures". And they do have a website:

http://www.strangeadventures.com/

Between the two, I like "Strange Adventures" better. Hope you got to see this place Scramble! Hope you enjoyed Halifax too! I miss it.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »

I appreciate the search, Sound Effect, but I already had all that info stamped on the back of a comic board. I didn't see Strange Adventures while I was there. I just happened to drive along Quinpool just about every day I was down there.

I did enjoy Halifax very much. It's much more casual and inviting than Montreal. I've been to a lot of "Nice to visits" but very few have been "Would like to live"s. Sadly, I don't see myself going back in the near future. My brother graduated and has moved back home, with his eye on Ontario or the states for a job.
Updated!

Squishy Duck Man

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 10:31:39 AM »

Hrm, next time I'm in the Halifax area I should look this guy up.  Anybody know if he's willing to ship orders to people who can't make it NS-way?

-AAM
Squishy Duck Man

A Canadian philosopher once obvserved - HEY!  SOMEONE\'S MAKIN\' DONUTS!

Collectorman

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 02:37:42 PM »

Maybe I'll make a trip out to Halifax tomorrow...I'm having GI Joe withdrawl...

...plus I'm bored out of my mind only working three days a week...  :?  :?  :?
UCK!

Collectorman

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 12:32:40 AM »

Well dudes, I checked out Odyssey 2000 today, and it's a nice shop! The manager was named John and he was a cool guy. We talked about comics a bit and I tolded him what I did for living, which made him laugh. He had a small selection of Joes, a smaller selection of vintage Star Wars, but he had a TON of gaming stuff (which I'm not into except for the Heroclix). He also had the new Marvel Legends...I know where I'm buying mine from now on once the cash flow gets better...(sorry Mike).

I gave him the URL for joecanuck.com and told him to check it out. He was pretty interested on seeing why we were talking about him  :lol:
UCK!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 10:13:52 AM »

Quote from: ""Collectorman""
He also had the new Marvel Legends...I know where I'm buying mine from now on once the cash flow gets better...(sorry Mike).

I would of fully expected you to get them out there John!!
You know how big these are, and how much shipping is out East - I'd think you'd be nuts to get them shipped out! :lol:

Mike

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 11:47:46 AM »

The power of the Internet.

Glad you made your way out there. Hopefully John joins Joecustoms, gets an in with the Canadian Joe fan-base and starts carrying more vintage Joes. And then his customers'll be all like "What's with all the Joe stuff?" And John'll be, like, "I joined Joecustoms.com and they're really cool and you should join and go to the Joe meet in Hamilton". And then a landslide of interest in GI Joe in Canada will prompt Hasbro Canada to get us the Comic three packs, and a new release of Back-Stop, and a "celebrity" figure based on Bounty Hunter Mike.

Sadly, I won't be able to benefit from any of this, but it's niceto know I threw the rock that caused the landslide.

:D
Updated!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
Halifax's Odysee 2000
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
Hopefully John joins Joecustoms, gets an in with the Canadian Joe fan-base and starts carrying more vintage Joes. And then his customers'll be all like "What's with all the Joe stuff?" And John'll be, like, "I joined Joecustoms.com and they're really cool and you should join and go to the Joe meet in Hamilton".

JoeCANUCK.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :evil: