JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: How to remove paint on old customs?  (Read 3311 times)

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
How to remove paint on old customs?
« on: July 16, 2012, 08:46:42 PM »

Is there any easy way to remove acrylic paint on figures?  I want to reuse some old custom parts.
Thanks for your help!
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove paint on old customs?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »

Is there any easy way to remove acrylic paint on figures?  I want to reuse some old custom parts.
Thanks for your help!

I've never had any luck myself in this. If there is, I'd love to know but I don't think there is an easy fix.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

nova

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »

For cheap paints like Apple Barrel, etc.   Soaking the part in Pinesol loostens up a majority of the part...but it can also fade the plastic colors a bit.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »

Thanks for your help!

I know how! I did a very messy paint job on a S.N.A.K.E.... years ago. Using acrylic paint and a brush... 5 coats! Man, it was bad!

I recently put all the parts in an empty yogourt plastic pot (pot de yogourt) and full it with 70% isopropyl alcohol (alcool à friction). It stay there all night. Then, I gently rub the parts with an old toothbrush and I kept digging back my parts in the pot from time to time. Everything was brand new at the end! It's pretty idiot proof and economic when you have valuable parts. By the way, you don't need a complete bottle, just enough to cove your parts.

But, I have no idea what side effect it would have on logo or on original face details (eyes, hair, etc.). My specimen was my custom Blue S.N.A.K.E.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 02:11:40 AM »

someone on BFTB said you can use brake fluid to remove paint apps from stuff (IE to remove TF stripes on a Tiger Paw say), so i'd imagine that'd work too...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.