JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ahoy  (Read 2319 times)

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Ahoy
« on: December 12, 2008, 08:18:00 AM »

Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself.  I am Jon and I am an expat American living in Ontario. As such, my Joe collecting tactics have had to adjust!

I grew up on Joes. One of my very earliest memories is being annoyed that Zap couldn't be posed the way he was on his card. This was 1982, I was three(!) I also clearly remember getting Flash and thinking he was the coolest toy ever. I can't recall just how early it was, but my toy box had several (ruined) straight-arms in it at one point. Most of them were given military burial in my Mom's back yard when I was between eight and eleven. I never let straight-arms mingle with swivels because they hold guns like idiots. I think I may have OCD from a very young age :D

When I got "too old" for Joes in grade five (89-90) I felt ashamed to still be so into them and managed to divert my interests into other areas. The last vehicles I got as a kid were the Hiss 2 and that miserable piece of shit Fang 2. Come 1993 or so I made friends in high school who shared my nostalgia for Joes and we all began collecting again. Those were dark days for Joe. When the best figures coming out were movie tie-ins (M Bison is one of my favorite Joes), you know things are weak. I bought every figure I could, even up through the days of Lobotomax. Then the line shifted format to some Nazi-looking things and I was confused. TRU restored my faith briefly with great character remolds...but the extreme low quality depressed me. I gave up toy collectiing after the 2000 season or so.

Now I am hooked again thanks to the master sculptors at Hasbro. And here I am, looking for friends to share my obsession with. I've got about thirty of the 25th figures and have a fever to get them all. Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Ahoy
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:33:19 AM »

Welcome to Joe Canuck! If your looking to fill in some of the holes for your collection you should make plans to come to the Canadian Joe Convention in May. There is a lot of vendors and the prices are great. Some guys from the US were surprised how cheap some of the figures were going for last year. Plus there is the free table.  :wink:
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

silentdusty

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • Crusty Ol' Master Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
    • Diowarriors
Re: Ahoy
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 04:39:13 PM »

Welcome to the boards. Have a pleasant stay!  :)
Silent Dusty