JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New Joe Canuck  (Read 2792 times)

yuena007

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • For Special Services
New Joe Canuck
« on: June 04, 2008, 12:12:46 AM »

Greetings all. Good to see there is a Canuck GI Joe community!  I know there are a few of us scattered here and there.

I am located in Kingston Ontario

I got my first GI JOE in 1967, a GI JOE Action Sailor, and have been hooked ever since. I have a small collection of 12 inch Joes from the 60's to the 00s. 

In 1986 I saw my first 3 3/4 inch GI JOE RAH while walking through Zellers, a ninja, Storm Shadow  and a Green Beret, Falcon, which I bought right away, and that started me collecting for myself and my nephews. They had about fifty figures and about twenty vehicles before they grew up and gave their toys away.  Even though they grew out of them I kept about a 20 of the figures that I bought, mostly Cobra because I would be the bad guys that my nephews would always defeat. Eventually I had my own children and they got to play with those figures and others I picked up at local yard sales. I picked up a few other figures from other collectors in the USA and now I have found JOE CANUCK . How cool is that!

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Alllen Yuen

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: New Joe Canuck
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 08:46:45 AM »

That is very cool. There are a few 12' collectors on this board but most members are 3 3/4 fans, with the odd 8 inch fan as well but those guys are freaks, right Scramble  :wink:

Anyhow, glad you joined up. How did you hear about us?

Also, have you check out the free on line news letters? It's a pretty good read and it's free!

Welcome to the board.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

yuena007

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • For Special Services
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 10:58:12 AM »

I was search for Canadian Joe webpages and found JOE CANUCK.  I used to be a member of a couple of  Gi jOE Groups on Yahoo,  for 1:6 scale, but the chit chat has pretty well died out. The last big activity was when the WALMARTS (only) in the USA re-released the 12 inch GI jOE Adventure Team with Kung Fu grip. Also most of the people the are in the USA. It is nice to read what people are finding here in Canada. I also would rather trade , buy and sell GI Joes in Canada. It is easier and less costly then delaing with someplaces/people in the USA. 

Allen Yuen
Alllen Yuen

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 07:09:57 PM »

Welcome, Allen!

You might be able to find some of the 12" Joes in Watertown...  it's not that far off the Gananoque crossing.  Customs won't really bother you if you have about $100 or so in purchases - I was able to go across, no problem with a few from State Side.

But, I plan on taking a trip to the states and Watertown in the next few weeks.  If you have your eyes on any, I can tell you if I find any or bring one back.

In the meantime, good to have you here!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 10:14:39 AM »

Welcome!
 I look forward to hearing your views and comments on a variety of topics. I always like hearing how people pass on their love of toys to their kids.  Have fun.