JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Will Joe distribution get better or worse in Canada?  (Read 3247 times)

Mastermind

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Will Joe distribution get better or worse in Canada?
« on: July 25, 2004, 09:26:28 PM »

I know one shouldn't complain since we are finally getting the new waves of figures - although they come and go so fast you have to be quick- but does anyone think we are actually going to get the new TRU 6-packs, comic 3-packs, single packs or any new vehicles in Canada? I have to admit that the shaky distribution of Joe products is really killing my enthusiasm for the line. While on-line stores are the logical alternative I really miss going into a store, looking through the selection and just buying what I want without having to worry about shipping, insurance, exchange rates, etc. Yes, we Canadians are getting a bit of what's out there but wouldn't it be great to have access to the whole collection? I'm curious if anyone who went to the convention asked Hasbro reps if things were going to get better for us.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
never know what to say in these things. Think of the most clever thing you\'ve ever heard and then pretend I said it here.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 09:56:19 PM »

I would just like to start seeing the vehicles, that is what I mostly collect, and so far the only ones we have gotten are the crap that no-one else wants - makes no sense, why would Walmart Canada and ToysRus Canada take these?

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 09:58:42 PM »

If I can remember correctly from the con, the distribution of Joes in Canada is improving. But it depends on our retailers. Since we've seen VvV waves up here earlier than most parts of the US, things are doing well. Future mail offers will be available to Canada, like the Agent Faces offer. I'm sure that Morgardee has a more accurate report on this topic.

I just hope to see the VvV vehicles coming up here soon.

gsmiley007

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 10:22:56 PM »

The Hasbro team is aware that we are lacking in toys.  I stressed that to them at the con.  

Hasbro really likes targets. Walmarts not so much because they carry the corps line.  TRU is just terrible in removing old stock.

I'm hoping that distrubution will get better.

We got wave 3 in before some of the states in the US
Looking for
NF Charbroil Accessories
Starduster Figure
Hard Top with Mic
Heavy Metal Mic

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 08:50:43 AM »

Pretty much everything as been summed up. We could in fact have all mailed away for Agent faces it turns out. Hasbro said they posted a message somewhere that Canada could mail away for the figures, but of course by the time I heard this I was at the con and it was way to late.
An interesting note on that, Darryl Depriest made the comment about the stock with Agent Faces and how they were worried that they were going to have leftovers. That is never good news to hear.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Chinooked Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 09:33:58 AM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""
An interesting note on that, Darryl Depriest made the comment about the stock with Agent Faces and how they were worried that they were going to have leftovers. That is never good news to hear.

I thought they sold completely out? never even got one....sob.... :( , but im saving all of my points, up to around 200pts I think?
y army\'s bigger than your army!
just kiddin!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2004, 11:58:02 AM »

Quote from: ""Chinooked Canuck""
Quote from: ""morgardee""

I thought they sold completely out? never even got one....sob.... :( , but im saving all of my points, up to around 200pts I think?

I guess I didn't explain that very well. They did indeed sell out, but it was down to the wire (ie - set deadline). Had we Canuks know we could have gotten into the action for sure, I'm sure they would have gone a bit faster.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.