JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: MARCH NEWSLETTER ONLINE!  (Read 5290 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
MARCH NEWSLETTER ONLINE!
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:54:06 AM »

The 27th issue is now available and includes 2010 Canadian Joe Convention News, Reviews,  Meanwhile, Back In The Comics : First Impressions, a new JoeCanuck game, the Canadian JoeCon H.A.T.E. Tank Review, plus more goodies! Check it out here, and don't forget to let us know what you think on the message boards.

As always, all past 26 Issues can be read here.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:52:19 PM by THE Mike™ »

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: MARCH NEWSLETTER ONLINE!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 02:04:40 AM »

Absolutely awesome job on the new Newsletter!!!  Love the review of last years HATE, and having almost no knowledge of the UK Action Force, I find the articles on that really interesting.  Great job on putting out another fantastic read, and thanks to all contributers!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Wherever you go, there you are.

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 02:23:57 AM »

Jerard Parker makes me sad because he reviews all these great toys I'll never see at retail, and takes great pictures of them to boot.

morgardee, love the review of the 12" Storm Shadow. I'd have one by now too, but then I found out the American release features voice clips from the film instead of laser sounds. Frankly, "cheesy laser gun noises" are not a good replacement for Lee Byung-Hun's sexy, sexy voice. :p
Your review still makes me sort of regret not grabbing one, though.

First Impressions was good. I never realized it at first, but man Dee-Jay's introduction was ominous.

Name That Figure is pretty fun too. I'm halfway through identifying already!

The new boss looks a little antsy too. *rimshot* *crickets*

Great job as always guys!
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Stratos

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.acidplanet.com/Stratos
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:50:15 AM »

Great job guys.  Makes me glad I'm here... even if I'm not Canadian.  :)
Current Wants (01-14-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:15:15 AM »

Oops.

I need to apologize to pdaat. He sent in a very good article that the staff enjoyed and planned on including it with this month's newsletter.

But I've been a tad "busy" shall we say, and must of been concentrating on getting the regular staff writers articles included and well - it plain slipped my mind.

So, expect a great story next month from our very own pdaat!

I'll state this here and now. If I don't include it next month, he can have my Black Ice and JoeCanuck figures.  :o

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 09:35:54 AM »

Excellent newsletter, keep up the good work!  I loved the Action Figure-toon at the end, reminds me of my work   :lol:
Lurking

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike™"
Oops.

I need to apologize to pdaat. He sent in a very good article that the staff enjoyed and planned on including it with this month's newsletter.

But I've been a tad "busy" shall we say, and must of been concentrating on getting the regular staff writers articles included and well - it plain slipped my mind.

So, expect a great story next month from our very own pdaat!

I'll state this here and now. If I don't include it next month, he can have my Black Ice and JoeCanuck figures.  :o

Here's hopin'!  I win either way!
Thanks for the kind words though.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 08:50:39 PM »

Quote from: "Jay"
Jerard Parker makes me sad because he reviews all these great toys I'll never see at retail, and takes great pictures of them to boot.

Thanks very much for the kind words, Jay, and I'm sorry I make you sad  ;D.  I spend several hours writing the newsletter reviews, and quite a bit of time laying on my belly on the cold, hard linoleum of my kitchen floor taking pictures.  

I'm gonna give away some trade secrets here.  The background is simply two pieces of matte (minimal gloss) white posterboard, one on the floor for the base and one leaned against the wall for a background.  The biggest difference maker is the camera.  I have a Canon Powershot SD1200IS.  You simply CANNOT find a better digital camera out there for $150.  I'd bet that sucker outperforms a hell of a lot of $300 cameras.  All I do is set up the shot, set my camera to "Auto" and fire away.  

Oh yeah, and if it makes you feel any better I had to resort to ebay to get those sets myself.  I never saw even one at any of the Wal-Marts around here.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:06:08 PM by olyeller01 »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 08:46:37 AM »

Quote from: "Jay"

morgardee, love the review of the 12" Storm Shadow. I'd have one by now too, but then I found out the American release features voice clips from the film instead of laser sounds. Frankly, "cheesy laser gun noises" are not a good replacement for Lee Byung-Hun's sexy, sexy voice. :p
Your review still makes me sort of regret not grabbing one, though.

Thanks for pointing out about "No Face" Jay as well as the kind words about my article this month. I really do dig the 12" Storm Shadow. I wouldn't play with it every day, but sitting above my monitor is does look good with everyone else.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 11:33:34 PM »

Having just finished reading all the newsletters, I want to say great job guys, I really found them interesting.  I have enjoyed learning about the joe collecting in Canada, but you guys also included great info from action force history to customizing tips.  Most of the articles you guys have included I found right up my interest alley.

yuena007

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • For Special Services
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 04:03:05 PM »

Love reading the newsletter!
Alllen Yuen