JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hey is any one going to the Toronto Comic Con this weekend?  (Read 5067 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Hey is any one going to the Toronto Comic Con this weekend?
« on: March 23, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »

I have always wanted to go the Comic Con in San Diego (Wife will not let me)  :(  But at least I have the Toronto version to go to for now!
http://www.wizardworld.com/home-toronto.html

Has any one been to this one? With a cover charge of $35 to get in I wanted to make sure I will not be wasting my time.  I bought my tickets online so I saved on the cover charge.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: Hey is any one going to the Toronto Comic Con this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is the first one from Wizard in Toronto.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 12:38:33 PM »

Let us know how it is.  I myself am curious but could not go.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 01:04:23 PM »

I will be happy to give you all the details.  There is so many guest speakersautograph sessions it looks like it will be a great weekend!
Lurking

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 01:29:33 PM »

I was going to go to this show, but I'm going to C2E2 in Chicago as a manventure with my BF of 35 years instead.  Should be great!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 02:57:58 PM »

I went to the C2E2 site http://www.c2e2.com/ very impressive.  Have fun!
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 11:31:14 PM »

He is the problem with this Comic Con.  I went on Sunday, it was not that busy in the morning.  Most of the good stuff was gone by then. Only half of the special quests were there and the vendors were maning selling comic from thoes long white storage boxes. If you were looking for old comics you would had a blast as you had room to move and time to hagle on prices.  But at $35 admission it was not worth it for someone looking for Toys.  I paid only $25 as I bought them online.  Not sure if will go to this one again, at least I will not go on a Sunday.  Talking to the people there they said that Saturday was much better. There was not much GI Joe there it was split between 25th aniversarry and ROC.  All I picked up was a ROC Firefly for $15.
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 08:20:40 AM »

I wanted to make sure I did not leave a negative feeling about this Con.  There were some fun and exciting things that happened.  First was the Iron Man 2 both, they set up a free photo up with cardboard cut-outs of AC-DC with you holding a guitar.  I was cursed out by a half naked woman dressed up a sluty vampire.  What happened was I but a comic called the Vampire Conspiracy at the Fan Expo that included a DVD.  I was asked if I liked the book, but I said I had no time to see it and actually forgot about that I purchased it until I saw her both.  She was not happy with me to say the least.  It is not often you get yelled at by a sluty vampire, so I enjoyed it.  The priceless moment is when we walked by the Iron Sheik both to see that he was so tired or bored that he was sleeping sitting up holding his cane. 
Lurking

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 09:33:05 AM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
It is not often you get yelled at by a sluty vampire, so I enjoyed it. 

:lol:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 10:57:17 AM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
He is the problem with this Comic Con.  I went on Sunday, it was not that busy in the morning.  Most of the good stuff was gone by then. Only half of the special quests were there and the vendors were maning selling comic from thoes long white storage boxes. If you were looking for old comics you would had a blast as you had room to move and time to hagle on prices.  But at $35 admission it was not worth it for someone looking for Toys.  I paid only $25 as I bought them online.  Not sure if will go to this one again, at least I will not go on a Sunday.  Talking to the people there they said that Saturday was much better. There was not much GI Joe there it was split between 25th aniversarry and ROC.  All I picked up was a ROC Firefly for $15.
I'm no con veteran, but Sunday is the day with less events.  It's also the day when some of the good stuff may be gone, but it is also a chance for vendors to try and clear out stuff before they pack it up - like the last 1-2 hours at the CanJoeCon.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

darrenmrppv

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 07:22:33 PM »

I went on Saturday and had a good time - I wanted to meet some wrestling legends (Demolition, Hacksaw, Superfly, and Iron Sheik).  It cost between $10 - $20 to get pics with them.  They also had some wrestling matches with comic/video game characters such as Mario (Mario Bros.) vs. Kingpin and Professor X vs. Bain (the batman character) - if anyone walked in after the bell rang, they would have been shocked seeing this guy punching a guy in a wheel chair!

I got my pic taken with some fans that were dressed up - one with Snake Eyes and the Baroness and one with Cobra Commander and a female Cobra trooper (saucy!)  I picked up the GI Joe past and present Rockslide for $30.  All and all a good day!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 09:04:31 PM »

Quote from: "darrenmrppv"
I got my pic taken with some fans that were dressed up - one with Snake Eyes and the Baroness and one with Cobra Commander and a female Cobra trooper (saucy!)  I picked up the GI Joe past and present Rockslide for $30.  All and all a good day!

I'm so jealous that you got Pics of those characters.  Please share you Pics.
Lurking