JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GI Joe Kre-o rumour  (Read 8083 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
GI Joe Kre-o rumour
« on: October 04, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »

Apparently next year GI Joe will get the Kre-O treatment. This is great for me as my son is 6 and into Lego.

Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Re: GI Joe Kre-o rumour
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 02:58:12 PM »

It'll be a better looking line than Transformers Kre-O.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:13:32 AM »

Too bad Mega Bloks didn't have the license. I love those marvel Mega Bloks figures.  ;)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:10:54 PM »

More info on the GI Joe Kre-O stuff is showing up:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=19310

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 09:58:05 PM »

These look pretty cool. I'll no doubt pick up a few here and there. The ninja set is a must. Unfortunately some of the other things I want are grouped with a bunch of stuff I have no interest in. For eg. The set with Stalker all I want is Stalker. :( And the VAMP is not bad (seems kinda small), but a mech suit? Blech! I also wouldn't mid the RAM and Fang, but not the rest of the stuff in that big set. And CC too. Anyway, I will likely get a few select figures and sets.

It's interesting the reaction from some folks. People write off kreo instantly because it's not lego. Lego is good. In fact its awsome, no doubt. But is kreo up to the same quality? Has anyone tested the durability of them compared to lego? Just curious, and i wonder if people will give it a fair chance.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 12:58:44 AM »

These look pretty cool. I'll no doubt pick up a few here and there. The ninja set is a must. Unfortunately some of the other things I want are grouped with a bunch of stuff I have no interest in. For eg. The set with Stalker all I want is Stalker. :( And the VAMP is not bad (seems kinda small), but a mech suit? Blech! I also wouldn't mid the RAM and Fang, but not the rest of the stuff in that big set. And CC too. Anyway, I will likely get a few select figures and sets.

It's interesting the reaction from some folks. People write off kreo instantly because it's not lego. Lego is good. In fact its awsome, no doubt. But is kreo up to the same quality? Has anyone tested the durability of them compared to lego? Just curious, and i wonder if people will give it a fair chance.
I have the Kre-O Jazz set.  As for clutch power, the bricks seem much, much better than Mega Bloks, almost as good as Lego in fact.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 05:53:10 PM »

I want all the figs  8) !! But only the figs  :'(

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »

I want all the figs  8) !! But only the figs  :'(

In the past I would agree but lately I've been playing a lot of Lego with my boy and found I've regretted passing on some toy lines in the past.

The real question is will there be a hard core collector market that is going to make collecting these little guys hard to come by or will many collectors pass on these. Maybe once they come out there should be a poll on that.

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »

The real question is will there be a hard core collector market that is going to make collecting these little guys hard to come by or will many collectors pass on these. Maybe once they come out there should be a poll on that.

..you can bet your hard earned $$ on the second option, believe me! ..but I would like to see a poll about that..

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 02:00:05 PM »

6-year old Jon would've LOVED these. This stuff actually gets deep into the spirit of the line as 3 3/4" Joe was supposed to be a vehicle toyline with figures to ride around in them. Sadly, I don't have space for any of these. Otherwise I'd be snapping them up.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 10:07:46 PM »

Would have loved them as a kid but they are not for me as a collector.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 06:52:38 PM »

These are a pass for me. 

I didn't get the idea for Transformers, a line already involving transformation, now needs building?

As for Joe, I don't see the need, but can understand a bit more the attraction.  However the only ones that could possibly draw my attention/money are the ones that try to faithfully redo the original ARAH vehicles/playsets.  However then I realized most of what I like, I already have in the 3 3/4" scale.

I might bite on some with a large discount.