JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Toy Fair  (Read 5230 times)

Clocktower

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.naturesguard.com
Re: Toy Fair
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2005, 06:04:40 PM »

Quote from: ""Realboss""
For those who are interested.  The semi-annual Toy Fair is on this weekend at the International Centre in Toronto by Pearson Airport.  They usually have a good representation of G.I. Joe stuff.

Thanks for the info James

What ToyFair do you go to???

I have been going to the TO ToyFair for the last ten years and they have NEVER had a good offering of Joe toys my friend.

As a mater of fact, they had three sealed packs last year and I believe three open figures.

Now based on the information that Joe is not being purchased by Wal-Mart or Toys R Us in Canada, what would make you think they are going to have more toys there?

Also, the Canadian ToyFair is a small show for the Canadian retail market, which is weak, so there is never anything there.

Sorry to start off sounding like an ass, but I don't like it when people give other people too much hope... it kind of burns when the truth is found out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2005, 06:50:26 PM »

Quote from: ""Clocktower""
What ToyFair do you go to???

I have been going to the TO ToyFair for the last ten years and they have NEVER had a good offering of Joe toys my friend.

I think it was in 2001 that I found some great bargins at the International Toy Show.  It was where I first met BHT.  But there was a couple of dealers with large amount of GI JOE items as well. I haven't gone in the past 2 years as other things have come up, not to mention I have completed my vintage run of GI Joes. So to say they never had any good offering of 3 3/4 Joes is not accurate in my books.  I picked up one of my Stardusters, a complete Hardtop and tons of army builders that day.  It may have dried up now. I think ebay has contributed largely to this problem.  

As for the Canadian Toy fair, Mike will have pictures of other new toy products in Canada.  GI JOE looks like it has been put on the back burner by the retailers.  So what else is new.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67