JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New u.s.s flagg prototype vs original.  (Read 8993 times)

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
Re: New u.s.s flagg prototype vs original.
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 03:42:29 PM »

Sure it would leave miniscule lines in the hull where the peaces join together but, its on the bottom of boat anyway...who cares really...? If they where to make a new one i think the minor cracks where peaces join together would be the last of our worries.

I think my solution would be to make the pieces so they fit inside each other. I bet back in the day that wasn't cheap to design and now with 3D modeling it would be a lot easier.

I'm so tempted to model the various parts and machine them out of aluminum (I have access to such devices at work). A Flagg might be a bit much but, say, replacing missing missiles to start and having them painted to match the originals. Then move on to complete vehicle parts, you could redo how they fit together and use screws and not clips. Imagine a black anodized aluminum HISS... I'd even do away with a clear canopy, clear anodize it. Mmmmm. Want a red one? Done. Mmmmm. So expensive....

Well if your going to just basically make an exact copy of the original flagg, you might as well just buy a vintage one and save a lot of trouble. LOL.  I was thinking of working one out of wood, much cheaper and easier.Just use the original Flagg spec's for size and positioning of peaces, other then that, it would be a completly modern updated version for all our completly modern updated figures. LOL.  And then use a paint that would make it look like real steel finish. Hey isnt there some type of '' Substance '' you could just rub over the wood that would be made out or real metal. Kinda like gold flake stuff...?
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 04:40:24 PM »

I'd rather they remade the Mauler or the WHALE or the Mamba than remake the Flagg.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 04:42:02 PM »

I'd rather they go back to o-ring  :P

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »

I'd rather they remade the Mauler or the WHALE or the Mamba than remake the Flagg.

This is why Hasbro should come out with greatest hits vehicles and figure. Voted on by the fans.

To start, series one would be 1982. Fans vote witch vehicle they remake. And fans also vote witch 2 or 3 figures they wanna see remade ( but having so many of them already re-done already, voting would be interesting! ) Not too, too many Zap'a re-made LOL.

Or they could just make more of those PAST and PRESENT packs. What did they only make the snowmobile and thats it....?
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""