Site Stuff > Message Board News

JoeCanuck Meet Planning Thread (Nov 16??)

<< < (2/4) > >>

grunt 4 mvp:
I'd like anything that has a beer option.
There should also be a time set aside for trading and such too. Some people also might have made deals on the board and a meet up in person would save shipping costs.

latinjoe22:
I'd like us to have a friendly speed painting contest (if we go at least with no.2 that is). That is something that I never got to experience when going to a Joe Meet. No actual prizes needed, just some friendly fun, and we can actually have some cool things to show and tell here about it on the boards. If not a contest, another activity that would be great to cover on a thread here for everyone to see! Know what I mean?

Jon S.:

--- Quote from: grunt 4 mvp on October 21, 2014, 06:44:19 PM ---I'd like anything that has a beer option.
There should also be a time set aside for trading and such too. Some people also might have made deals on the board and a meet up in person would save shipping costs.

--- End quote ---

Ahhhh. That's why you're so keen to have a meet!

--- Quote from: latinjoe22 on October 21, 2014, 07:08:28 PM ---I'd like us to have a friendly speed painting contest (if we go at least with no.2 that is). That is something that I never got to experience when going to a Joe Meet. No actual prizes needed, just some friendly fun, and we can actually have some cool things to show and tell here about it on the boards. If not a contest, another activity that would be great to cover on a thread here for everyone to see! Know what I mean?

--- End quote ---

If you've got spare parts to donate and some paints lying around, it shouldn't be too hard to put together!

I liked the bowling idea. Just an opportunity to hang around and talk Joe.

Does November 16 work for you guys?

latinjoe22:
Thanks Jon S., November 16th doesn't work for me because I have the Montreal Toy Con on that Sunday, and I have a table. I'm realizing that after that for the rest of the year I will be booked with events and family obligations. So regardless of the date that you will all choose, I likely won't be able to make it unless I can plan a last minute escape to join you guys, depending of course of the time that you meet.

bandonov:
Option 1 and 2 are Awesome.  I like the bowling idea too as not everyone wants to bowl can just hang out.   

If we go with the speed paint activity, it should be a BYOF affair just make the parts simple that we all should have them in our fodder bins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version