JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: G.I. Joe Collector's Club...  (Read 3454 times)

Recon

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://authorianoneill.blogspot.com/
G.I. Joe Collector's Club...
« on: August 28, 2009, 10:12:39 AM »

For Canadians, is joining this club worth the $63 US? You pay for a membership to pay for product and then I'm sure you pay way too much to ship the items to Canada - or am I wrong on this one?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Ian
 :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Recon

• View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Collector's Club...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 10:26:25 AM »

Holy shit! I just checked on a few products in their store - a four pack of ROC vehicles and a 12" AT figure. Shipping is $22 US on a $20 figure. WTF! The shipping is more the product. That is inflated so they can make a few more bucks. The vehicles cost $56.99 and the cheapest shipping is $29 US. This is a complete ripoff. So disappointing.

Cheers,
Ian

Editor

• View Profile
    • http://www.animeevolution.com
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »

Quote from: "Recon"
For Canadians, is joining this club worth the $63 US? You pay for a membership to pay for product and then I'm sure you pay way too much to ship the items to Canada - or am I wrong on this one?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Ian

I can't say about the Joe club but I am registered with the Transformers one, and shipping has never been an issue for me, (I almost always take the cheapest option regardless) just their overpriced retail prices which is why I've only bought club specials and got the yearly sign up pieces. They are expensive and not worth it for the casual fan but if you can afford it and have given it any real thought then you might as well.

That said, anybody who's a member already and willing to help me get Dr. Venom when they release the Adventure team 3&3.3/4 figs next year, please PM me.
Convention Chairman: Anime Evolution 2010
August 13–15 2010, UBC-Vancouver, British Columbia

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:57:56 AM »

I was once a paying member but once the news letters started to become 1 1/2 months late I let my membership expire. I guess i should thank them for that because it was the late news letter that let me finally cancel my membership and ask The Mike about starting a Canadian News letter, thus the free month Joe Canuck news letter was born, 20 issues and still going!  :wink:

If you plan on attending the upcoming MC convention then I would say yes, pay the $63.00. You will get next years free membership figure (Big Lobb in ARAH format) and what you pay for one of the attending MC convention sets will basically equal your membership dues. The "free" news letter wasn't that good of a read to warranty the $63.00 (USD). Any news they had you could find out elsewhere within a day or two.

That being said, with the exception of MC exclusive figures and the occasional clearance sale I never buy from the MC club. The shipping rates are through the roof. I've mentioned this to them a few times. There is now way they should be charging a "handling" fee for a club I already paid to join. That's double dipping, plain and simple.

If your looking to buy on-line toys, stick with one of our sponsors. If they don't have what you need and you want to buy from the US then use Corey at smalljoes.com. Corey doesn't make his money from shipping and handling fees and he'll do what he can to help you with customs. I've literally spent thousands of dollars over they years with smalljoes. If MC would wise up and lower their shipping rates then they might have had more of my money, but as it is, they got greedy so I took my money elsewhere.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 12:09:32 PM »

Thanks Morgardee,

Excellent information. I appreciate it. Do you know an online retailer selling the 1:6 scale figures that isn't killing Canadians on shipping? I'd like to pick up a few 12" Joes, too.

I'll drop by smalljoes.com for sure. Thanks all.

Cheers,
Ian

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 01:07:49 PM »

Cotswold is pretty cool.
Its run by fans of the hobby.

Their home brand is a great compliment to the vintage style Joes.
Say no to AFA.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 02:42:41 PM »

Hi Ian.  A good Canadian site for 1:6 scale is www.gijoecanada.com they have Dragon, BBi, and so on.  Some items are expensive and some are cheap depending on what your looking for.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 04:10:04 PM »

Thanks a lot guys. It's great to have options.

Cheers,
Ian

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 10:24:52 PM »

Quote from: "Redmao"
Cotswold is pretty cool.

Never heard about hem before... do you have a website address? I tried Cotswold.com, Cotswold.ca, ...  ???

Martin

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
Quote from: "Redmao"
Cotswold is pretty cool.

Never heard about hem before... do you have a website address? I tried Cotswold.com, Cotswold.ca, ...  ???

Martin

http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_home.asp