JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Understanding Joes and Walmart!!!  (Read 3757 times)

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Understanding Joes and Walmart!!!
« on: March 03, 2004, 02:08:05 PM »

Well I have seen this topic so many times I figure it is time to fess up.

I worked for Wal-Mart for 5 years in the late 90?s. I was a lowly shelf stocker for the first year but worked my way to receiving manager and then night crew manager then finally to a support manager which I was for two years before moving on to a job that paid me double to do half the work?lol.

While working there I of course learned how the system worked?so I can explain the truth about how,

when,

where,

why,

Wal-Mart & the VvV Joes will work.

First off all the Canadian Wal-Mart?s got a case or two of the Joes?this was a random buy and nothing to do with nothing?that means it does not matter if they sold or if they sat there for a year.

This is how it works?.every spring each department has a new modular plan ?come down?. This is the new layout for the section. Some sections change radically and other hardly at all. An example of each could be the Health and Beauty section (HBA) which almost never changes and then the Toy section or department 7 which looks new and different every year. Toys changes radically from year to year?why?toy fads change every year, we have all seen this right?

One year has nothing to do with the next however. So if a toy fails to sell it is very unlikely that the head office will take notice unless the toy producer makes more and the sales are still slipping after a year. So if sales are bad and the item ordered is not being ?replenished? at a good rate of sale the manufacturer already knows and the line fails or changes before Wal-Mart can even ask for more or they stop ordering. This is the main reason a toy line is not carried by Wal-Mart. Also everyone has to realize that toy orders can be made more than a year in advance before they go on the shelf. This explains the lag we see when some items sell out and they are not replaced right away.

VvV again?it was ordered as a special buy?some skids show up at the distribution center and every store gets a case or two, end of story. The Hasbro rep probably had lunch with the Wal-Mart toy buyer and between bites said ?want a skid or two of the new Joes? that?s how it works. One buy and it is never thought of again.

This is completely different now according to what I noticed the other day at Wal-Mart.
VvV is no longer a one time deal?it is now part of the modular.

I saw the new modular plan that was posted for toys?and I snuck a look. VvV is on the new modular?.which means Wal-Mart is carrying it.

Which means when you buy a case another case is ordered from the distribution center?

Which means when the skid is empty at the distribution center another one is ordered from Hasbro?

Which means when wave one sells out wave two will replace it?

Which means everyone has to do there part and buy as much as they can to support VvV in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The modular plan did not have any space for any other Joe items except the 12 inch Joes?and it was not specified as to whether it was going to be the VvV 12 inch or the regular army Joes. This does not mean will not see some VvV vehicles as another special buy but they are not modular and not going to be ordered again if they do get them. So if for some reason you do see them?.buy them as I would guess you would have one shoot!!

Sorry for the long post?please ask questions as I like this topic?.!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 04:57:42 PM »

Don't be sorry man, it's quite interesting.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 06:40:09 PM »

A good read. Thanks for  the insight!

I have purchased a complete set of VvV in Canada, and pick up the Viper/AV pack whenever I see it.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 12:34:35 AM »

I've only managed to get 2 packs of VvV in Canada but that's cause they sold out sooooo damn fast.

But this is good news.
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 01:01:22 AM »

Thats some wicked good info, thanks buddy!  Calgary is still waiting for VvV to be restocked, here's hoping they restock with wave 2!  :thumbsup:
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

commando guy

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 08:46:06 PM »

:shock:

AWESOME news man!!  Thanks for the insight, and I'm extremely happy about this news.

Finally, I can walk into a store, and browse the toy section and actually see Joes hanging on the pegs!