JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: VvV Wave 2 in Western Canada  (Read 3037 times)

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
VvV Wave 2 in Western Canada
« on: March 18, 2004, 11:02:46 PM »

No, no, this isn't what you think.  It seems that wave 1 VvV was restocked in the East but not the West, and now Wave 2 has arrived with no sign in the West.  I have figured out why.  Walmart ships most of their stuff from the East via Rail...maybe not Via Rail, but you know what I mean.  Since there is a rail strike, Walmart's stock hasn't been refilled on a hell of a lot of stuff, toys included.  So its only a matter of time for the West.  But I heard that BHT will be picking up Wave 2, so there another way if you are impatient. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
VvV2 comments
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 06:31:46 AM »

I got my wave 2 yesterday. I'm not convinced. Of the 10 (not counting SS and SE) only half is actually worth it.

My favorite of the bunch is the new Beach Head, he simply rules. I really prefer it over the spytroop mold.

Baroness seemed a bit cooler on picture. her facial expression looks as if she had a bad taste in mouth

Destro is cool. I like is I'm going to war uniform.

Razor trooper is nicely designed though the head looks like a quickly resculpted Razorclaw.

Swamp rat. humm little tail, viking helmet, yellow... I'm still not sure about this figure. His cape and knifes are cool.

Kamakura. Poor Kamakura. Its only your second figure and look at hwta they've done to you. No articulaton (almost) Poor sculpting. Man, you're a ninja and you cant barely move beside you funky magnet sword trick. Oh and a black mask suits you way better than that yellow one...

Bats V4: The design is weird with those hulk purple pants. But the interchangeable hands and weapons are cool.

Alpine and Hard drive. Besides the wrist computer on HD's left wrist there's not much to talk about (In a dio I'd use Alpine as a forest ranger and HD as a guy from the electric company)

Finaly the sand scorpion repaint. well....its a repaint, nuff said.
Say no to AFA.

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 12:40:33 PM »

The Western Wal-Mart?s are all 'fed' by the distribution center in Calgary. The Wal-Mart?s in Saskatchewan Alberta and B.C. all get their stock from this center, and because it is a separate center it might be getting the stock at different times via a U.S. route or a Canadian route and so one who knows?!!! As far as I remember only large order items come by train freight?like a box car of Tide and so on?I am not sure about toys???

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 10:26:52 PM »

Quote from: ""Spillspleen""
The Western Wal-Mart?s are all 'fed' by the distribution center in Calgary. The Wal-Mart?s in Saskatchewan Alberta and B.C. all get their stock from this center, and because it is a separate center it might be getting the stock at different times via a U.S. route or a Canadian route and so one who knows?!!! As far as I remember only large order items come by train freight?like a box car of Tide and so on?I am not sure about toys???

Actually I believe its many things, not just large order items.  Once the strike is over, I'll be able to find out for sure what they bring in via rail.  :shifty:
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 09:43:20 PM »

Wave 1 was never restocked and wave 2 is not on the shelves yet in my area.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67