JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Samko - A sad state of affairs.  (Read 2717 times)

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Samko - A sad state of affairs.
« on: September 15, 2007, 06:47:22 PM »

In brief, the only Joe at Samko this year is Sigma Six ninja showdown for $18. Nothing else.

There is a bit of transformers stuff at pretty close to retail pricing and some Star Wars figures (including army builders) for $5. Nothing particularly exciting.

The new place is huge, and has great parking, but the prices have gone way up, and there's nothing there for an adult collector.

However for your kids, the book section has doubled, and there are some good prices on crayola stuff. Short of that though, it was a very weak year.

:chicken:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

savageplay

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://savageplay.spaces.live.com/Photos/
Re: Samko - A sad state of affairs.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 07:54:30 PM »

ya i agree, it all seemed way more expensive and just not as much variety of stuff then the previous store/year.

On a note, my girl is a doll collector and the barbie section was unchanged (cheap still) and had a tonne of good stuff. Lots of accessory/furniture set, barbies (kelly) clothes & small brats stuff (she was happy....all the more salt in my wounds...as well as the friends i went there with)

There were some marvel super hero showdown figures at $5 which are good for customizing also.

The only thing i got for myself was a 1/18 scale monster truck for my dreadnoks

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 07:58:17 PM »

You two both suck - you didn't mention the highlight of your day was running into me! LOL.
...and RWB, who seems to lurk alot. ;-)

Only deal for me was the Scene It add on packs. Picked up the Warner Brothers 50th set and the Movie Add On #1 set.

My wife finished 2 nieces and 2 nephews today for X-mas.

You know it's a sad state there when I'm looking at $4.00 bratsz figures and considering buying them JUST to put the clothing on some small joes.  :shifty: for our drive back.... that was a nice plus. ;-)

savageplay

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://savageplay.spaces.live.com/Photos/
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 08:43:48 PM »

ya it was awesome seeing everyone there, i wish that we just all came away with cool stuff and were excited. but oh well.

It's sad, i used to live a 5 min walk from the old one, and was there once a week (minimum), and almost got something everyweek. It was like crack...now i don't know what i'll do about that addiction.......god i have to find somewhere else cheap before i become an ebay junky, LOL.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 08:51:43 PM »

Thanks for saving me a trip and gas.  After seeing last years section and the lack of retail product (Sigma Six doesn't cut it), I really had no urge to go to the Richmond Hill one as I suspect nothing of interest will be there.  Next might be a blow out of the Sigma Six peg warmers up here and still that doesn't interest me.   
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 02:05:14 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Next might be a blow out of the Sigma Six peg warmers up here and still that doesn't interest me.   

I'd be down for Arctic Duke and Desert Long Range at blow out prices. But serious blow out, 50% off or more.
Updated!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 03:04:08 PM »

The only sig six they had was the ninja showdown two pack at $17.99. Not really a significant discount - worse than Winners. 

I'd expect them to be selling the singles at 10$-12$ each given how expensive everything else was.

- R
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"